Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1st time

1st time

it just occured to me i have never been in this section of the forum. i guess it cause i dont have any dunes. how do you guys like riding in dunes compaired to trailes. some of the trails i used to ride on like everyday last year were nothing but sand that was like a beach that was dry. how does this compare?

I used to think riding on the river beaches and suck like your talking about is fun until i hit the dunes, they are so much more fun to ride on. to me at least

Yes, Yes....Sand is a million times better than trails. I am from NJ, but I am in Arizona right now cuz im on vacation. I brought my banshee here too. Im having a blast at the dunes, ive never had so much fun before. Trails just suck compared to the dunes.

Having been raised here close to the ORegon dunes and in the Pacific Northwest, I get to ride both dunes and trails. DUnes and Im talking dunes with big hills, tree shots and the whole 9, are a HUGE rush. No comparison. Apples to Oranges,,
    Yes your new 450R just got beat by this 416!!!

416 EX, Trinity Racing pro Port and Polish, 39mm FCR Carb bored and tapered by Holeshot motorsports,TAG Bars,Stage 2 cam , +4" Swingarm by Sandragon Motorsports, 22x11x10 Haulers ITP Holeshots, WB Rev kit,K&N Filter, no airbox lid, Curtis Sparks X6,, ,ITP Holeshots, Laker Custom plastic, RIS design bumper, Cascade Innovations Seat
    2000 Banshee,

Do you like to do doubles??? The dunes are covered with them, step ups, you name it. Jumping in the dunes is a real thrill. Sand is real forginving if you crash(lucky for me).
    I need to ride $@%! bad o-meter
    l1l2l3l4l5l6l7l8l9l10
    -----------------^----

01' 445EX
    86' 250R(for sale)
    Salem Honda/BMW/Ducati
    Countryside Fabrication

ELMO KNOWS WHERE YOU LIVE

Originally posted by airheadedduner
    Do you like to do doubles??? The dunes are covered with them, step ups, you name it. Jumping in the dunes is a real thrill. Sand is real forginving if you crash(lucky for me).
    thats why I wanna test it out easier on the quad when you crash too. I would really love to hit some 4th or 5th gear jumps
    Dustin Hofert #17

riding pics

You would be suprised how bad it can hurt if u bust in the sand :devil

Originally posted by EXracer8601
    You would be suprised how bad it can hurt if u bust in the sand :devil
    Believe me I know, but it doesn't hurt near as bad as crashing in the dirt.
    I need to ride $@%! bad o-meter
    l1l2l3l4l5l6l7l8l9l10
    -----------------^----

01' 445EX
    86' 250R(for sale)
    Salem Honda/BMW/Ducati
    Countryside Fabrication

ELMO KNOWS WHERE YOU LIVE

When I ride trails, I take my Grizzly. It's a much better trail machine than the 400EX.

BUT, for the dunes, the 400EX is awesome!!! As far as I'm concerned, it's my dedicated dune machine.

Back when I just had the Grizzly, I thought gee, sport quads, how quaint. Sand. Gee, big deal. No trails to follow, just ride around on sand all day. How fun is that?

Well then I got a great deal on the 400EX and found out! Next weekend will be three weekends in a row at Sand Mountain. Meanwhile the Grizzly sits in the garage unused.

Rob
    '09 Polaris Sportsman XP 850 EPS
    '08 Polaris Outlaw 525 IRS
    '08 Polaris Outlaw 525 S
    '02 Yamaha Grizzly 660
    '05 Arctic Cat M7 153

dunes

Gues I 'll be able to ya "How it was"...after this w/e..
    Goin to Nj for some sand.....
    Hopes it turns out better then last time ...only second time for me ...1st time was an expensive painful DISASTER...I will be much more careful than last .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast