Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Need help Building XC LT80

Need help Building XC LT80

We are going to be building up our sons LT80 over the winter to runn local XC (Harescrambles) and to run a few of the GNCC youth races.

As of now it is a Bone stock 2000 LT80. We are looking for A Arms, good shocks, motor & clutch work, pipe and new wheels and tires. Can you recomend people and companies that can help us and that have the parts for the LT80's.

Also if you have built a LT80, can you list some of the hings you have done to it and how much it may have cost?

Thank you for your help!
    Todd
    Attached Images Attached Images
    That's RACIN!
    Todd
    Swain Racing
    My Sponsor House Profile
    GNCC
    6 Hours of ATV America IRON MAN Class
    12 Hours of ATV America 30+ Class
    District 6 Vet Class

2007 Sponsors - Teixeira Technologies, REKLUSE, Cardio Stack, Swain Racing, ELKA, BERRELL's FUEL OIL, Duncan Motorsports, ALL-PRO West, ODI Grips, CYCRA Racing, Tire Balls, Hiper Technology, Scott USA
    05 TRX450R

hentrick racing should have some parts
    special thanx to my sponsors Power House Honda for helping in this 2005 racing season

05 trx300ex #28: DG nerfs,pro curcuit T-4 exhaust, pro design kill switch, front and rear kenda klaw mx tires on douglas .190 rims, honda shock covers

soon to order: fullbore orange or neon green plastics

if u need picture hosting feel free to pm me

lt80

lt 80 jack moore did our motor we led most of dist 6 till we gave it up cause of gas prices.we had james lucky +6 front end douglass wheels +3rear axle 20mm carb and the thing really worked good.

OK here goes. Id first start buy selling it and buying a Kasea. Sorry. The lt80 parts cost to much compared to a kasea. The kasea has the frame geo . and reliablity to boot. There are tons of aftermarket goodies for it also. My son raced the kasea this year in the GNCC and District 6 Pa State harescramble series and had great sucsess. We are currently building two for next years GNCC and D6 races. Im sorry i dont mean to bash the lt80 because we have seen them run really good and handle good but for the bucks and the type of riding your going to be doing i think you would be better of on a kasea. hope this helps. you can always email if you have ANY question on kaseas. thank Eric

i have to agree with you on that we broke 4 motors and a bunch of other stuff thats partly why we got out of racing also.but i had to much invested to buy a kasea.

pm mxjunkie69 he use to race one
    Greg Watts
    GNCC
    IATVHSS #314
    OXC
    A Class
    2006 450ER/R
    2005 450R
    2011 Sponsors- BNR Motorsports, HiPer, PowerMadd, FW Carbon, Traxx Performance

Thank you all for responding. Just talked to Jack Moore. Looks like he will do all the motor work for us after Xmas. Thanks again for all your help!
    That's RACIN!
    Todd
    Swain Racing
    My Sponsor House Profile
    GNCC
    6 Hours of ATV America IRON MAN Class
    12 Hours of ATV America 30+ Class
    District 6 Vet Class

2007 Sponsors - Teixeira Technologies, REKLUSE, Cardio Stack, Swain Racing, ELKA, BERRELL's FUEL OIL, Duncan Motorsports, ALL-PRO West, ODI Grips, CYCRA Racing, Tire Balls, Hiper Technology, Scott USA
    05 TRX450R

fastmini Guest
    We XC raced an LT80 for 7 years very succesfully but honestly you can't begin to make the LT near as good as say the Kasea or similar quad. The suspension, engine, not mention ease of working on them. I suggest talking to Rich at Hetrick for his input. Hope this helped!

Originally posted by SwainRacing
    Thank you all for responding. Just talked to Jack Moore. Looks like he will do all the motor work for us after Xmas. Thanks again for all your help!
    You got the best in the business working on your LT80. Should be a screamer when Jack is done.

I was going to have some work done to my daughters kfx80 also dose jack have a web site? and did you find any good deals on shocks if so were? Thanks

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast