Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Kasea Gussets

Originally posted by Johnny & Monica
    That gusset kit looks really beefy compared to the one I bougth The one I got none of the pieces are larger than a pack of cigarettes . We`ll put her on since thats what we got. Thanks for posting pictures It really helped out . looks good

What kit did you get? I was thinking of getting the one Hetricks sells.
    Jerry

Quadless again!!!!

This kit is solid, some folks also run angle iron up both sides in the front (on the backside). Total weight of the kit is about that of
    the battery, so not too bad at all. The extra motor mounts are a must have IMO, we snapped both ours off after only a couple good runs on the track before we gusseted them.
    Brandon Waltz #11

Big thanks to Tittle Brothers Racing, RC Motorsports, RK Chains, SixSixOne and WeaponMX.

Brandon's Sponsorhouse

Originally posted by Livin4Real
    This kit is solid, some folks also run angle iron up both sides in the front (on the backside). Total weight of the kit is about that of
    the battery, so not too bad at all. The extra motor mounts are a must have IMO, we snapped both ours off after only a couple good runs on the track before we gusseted them.

That is the reason I am going to gusset my son's I have welded the rear motor mounts a dozen times and this last time was the final straw.
    Jerry

Quadless again!!!!

looks like we will be investing in a Gusset kit soon....
    We inspect both minis after each and every race, so she must have done it at the MX last wk end .

Sis has a one inch crack my the motor mount (we did have mounts reinforced be fore PC was done cause the stock ones was chessy and thin) and we have to do a weld to get by for the wk end its gonna look tacky for abit until we get some time to do a tear down,stip the PC and start over ..

Maybe due to over torquering ??
    http://qjsimaging.com/

-2002 Duncan 440ex-
    Yoshimura full system,JE piston(12:1),Stage 2 Hot Cam,Port,polish, +3 Chrome Burgards AArms ,Elka Suspension -Triple rate front and Rear,GT Thunder Rev Box,,Pro Armour Nerfs,Burgard beadlock rears,Orange Fullbore,Chrome Tank cover,Candy Purple PC,Blingstar Dana Creech Bumper

2007 Suzuki LTR450
    FOX Shocks, JB Racing A-Arms, Silver Maier plastic, Quad Tech Seat Cover, BRM Offroad race numbers

2008 Raptor 250 BUILD IN PROGRESS!
    Thank you 2010 Sponsors
    and Contributers!!

Teixeira Tech,DWT, Fasstco Co., Maxima oils, Scott USA, Renthal, ODI, FLY Racing,Western Powersports, Promoto Billet, FOX Shocks,Maier Plastics,ODI,Rath Racing,ATV4-play
    ASV,Motoworks,QuadTech,Streamline,
    RockyMountain ATV,Powermadd,Les Schwab,QJ's Imaging

QJ I woulden't be suprised if your mounts cracked from all of the touge and high rpms the kasea is turning while racing flat track and all the power from the 116 stroke isin't helping. Have any of yall ever broke the front motor mounts
    Evan Abernathy
    yes it's fast no you can't ride it
    keasyalater

Originally posted by Livin4Real
    Here's some pics of ours. We got it from Jon Andersen. I have yet to see another kit as complete as this one. It is on an 05' Kasea 90 frame.It has custom formed pieces for the swingarm support as well as 1/4 in. angle iron running behind the horizontal tube above the swingarm pivot that you can't really see in the pics. It also comes with double motor mounts and plenty of other pieces. It all went together great and makes a big difference. If anyone wants one just shoot me a pm and I'll get you the info, and please noone chime in with their opinions on Jon. This kit rocks!
    We're running the same kit on our '05 Kasea and it's solid.
    '01 416 w/some stuff
    '01 Kasea 90
    '04 Kasea 50
    '94 LT80 (for sale)

Originally posted by Evana13
    QJ I woulden't be suprised if your mounts cracked from all of the touge and high rpms the kasea is turning while racing flat track and all the power from the 116 stroke isin't helping. Have any of yall ever broke the front motor mounts
    Oh, I agree 100% ! Im sure it has alot to do with vibration its def has ALOT more of that . It needs some meaty reinforcements
    http://qjsimaging.com/

-2002 Duncan 440ex-
    Yoshimura full system,JE piston(12:1),Stage 2 Hot Cam,Port,polish, +3 Chrome Burgards AArms ,Elka Suspension -Triple rate front and Rear,GT Thunder Rev Box,,Pro Armour Nerfs,Burgard beadlock rears,Orange Fullbore,Chrome Tank cover,Candy Purple PC,Blingstar Dana Creech Bumper

2007 Suzuki LTR450
    FOX Shocks, JB Racing A-Arms, Silver Maier plastic, Quad Tech Seat Cover, BRM Offroad race numbers

2008 Raptor 250 BUILD IN PROGRESS!
    Thank you 2010 Sponsors
    and Contributers!!

Teixeira Tech,DWT, Fasstco Co., Maxima oils, Scott USA, Renthal, ODI, FLY Racing,Western Powersports, Promoto Billet, FOX Shocks,Maier Plastics,ODI,Rath Racing,ATV4-play
    ASV,Motoworks,QuadTech,Streamline,
    RockyMountain ATV,Powermadd,Les Schwab,QJ's Imaging

My son's Eton is similar to the Kasea. The first thing that broke was the front motor mount. I think I may have tightened it to much. It looked like it just tore the pipe apart that the mounts are welded to. I replaced the whole pipe across the frame rails with a heavier pipe and remounted the motor mounts. Recently I pulled the motor out and found the pipe between the rear mounts cracked. I ground a little all the way around the pipe and had it welded. I also have the Hetrick gusset kit installed about a year now without any problems in the gusseted areas, But I feel I may need more gusseting in other areas. I think one area that might need attention is the upper frame under the seat. Allthough I have this area gusseted I can see that the whole frame could bend from the rider weight bouncing on the seat. I think the Kasea has a angled pipe welded in on one side of the frame in this area that the Eton does not.

Well I got the gusstes all welded in and the 1st race on the track he jumps(finally) and breaks the damn rear motor mount bolt. I told him if he's not breaking anything he's not trying. Here is right before he broke it throwing out alittle whip
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Jerry

Quadless again!!!!

Attached Images Attached Images
    Jerry

Quadless again!!!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast