Thread: Carb/Over flow Problems

Carb/Over flow Problems

Very interesting... I turn on my gas and gas comes out the overflow. I checked my floats they seem to "float" fine. Any idea what else could be wrong? Thanks to anyone that helps out or has experincecd the same thing.

When that hapened to me i just had alittle dirt in the carb and the float was sticking. I dunno

hrmm

anyone else have any other ideas why it would be doing this?

Are ya sure the float bowl screw is all the way in,,,that's the only thing I can think of that would leak as soon as you turn on your gas.. Also make sure the tube from the gas petcock to the carb is fully seated,,,it's something simple I'm sure you just can't see it..

I assume the atv is level on all four tires? Just a quick thought I had, if the atv is sitting or standing up at a large angle... This will happen right away once you turn the gas on.

Oterwise.... Like Rico said to check.

Good luck.
    Special Thanks to C&D Racing

Yeah like Rico said, theres a small flathead screw down on the bottom of the bowl where the drain tube is, if it's not closed fuel will run out like you said...other than that you might have a peoce of trash in your float valve needle that won't let it close fuly when the bowls full..

u said the bowl floats but did u check if it was out of adjustment? also the needle valve might be trash the rubber at the end gets old and doesnt seal its probly the adjustment, all u need is a ruler and pliers hope this helps
    my yellow 2002 400ex has acnerfs with black nets,procircuit t-4 ,header+slipon,k&n chrome filter+jetkit 160mj and 40 pilot jet, , , renthal bars,full ac under belly skid plate and mud screen bumper,factory effex graphics+seat cover,black outerwears shockcovers,cut fenders,j&l parking brake block off itp .190 rims with 6 ply razors ,no air box lid , new black omf oil cooler air scoops. ebc sintured metel brake pads,tm design black chain slider polished throttle cover.polished side case and oil filter cover, works tripple rates w/ressies

time to clean your carb..............
    Paps