Thread: Flagpole Holder

Whip Holder

Any one got any pics of a good reliable flag holder?
    And which type of pole you think is the best. I have fiberglass which I always replace. I have also had metal pole which always bends.
    Last edited by dingo; 07-07-2002 at 02:19 PM.
    2001 400ex,K&N filter and power kit, Renthal bars, MSR Domiator clutch, Scott grips, Acerbis handgaurds, Moose skid plate, PRM baja front bumper,PRM rear grab bar, Maier plastic a-arm,oil, brake and bottom armor, Trail-tech speedo, Sand Skate I for sand,GCD scoops

I use a "QR quick release whip holder" from James Lucky 800-233-2637. It's spring loaded, and works with flags without a mount. All you do is lift the spring loaded end, insert the flag through the top, and let the spring end back down. I have only used it with 6' or 7' flags, and I hear that longer flags for dune use have a thicker shaft, and I won't know until this weekend if those will fit too. I don't have a pic of it mounted on my EX, so I scanned it from the magazine ad. The pic is actually upside down from the way it mounts.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2002 416EX -
    JE 10.8:1 piston, HRC cam, FCR39, Ported & polished head, Sparks HD cam chain, CFM airbox w/o lid, K&N filter, WB e-series, PRM desert bumper & chassis skid plate, pro-design kill switch & power shifter, Renthal handlebars, ASV brake and clutch lever, Nac's P-brake block-off, GCD air scoops, Factory Effex graphics/seat cover, TCS Race Series front shocks w/ remotes, Big Cohoona shock covers, Burgard's twin row carrier, Burgard's rear beadlocks.
    2000 Honda CR250r
    2004 Harley-Davidson Fat Boy

I thought that those mounts went the way the picture was taken...maybe thats why my flags wont stay in?
    The Sauce, Tweeter, and Crappy

http://cs-hacks.tk
    Pics of stuff
    www.fletchtrick.com (Engine Builder)
    Head of the EXriders Mafia

LOL...thats what I thought too, but that's not what the instructions said.
    2002 416EX -
    JE 10.8:1 piston, HRC cam, FCR39, Ported & polished head, Sparks HD cam chain, CFM airbox w/o lid, K&N filter, WB e-series, PRM desert bumper & chassis skid plate, pro-design kill switch & power shifter, Renthal handlebars, ASV brake and clutch lever, Nac's P-brake block-off, GCD air scoops, Factory Effex graphics/seat cover, TCS Race Series front shocks w/ remotes, Big Cohoona shock covers, Burgard's twin row carrier, Burgard's rear beadlocks.
    2000 Honda CR250r
    2004 Harley-Davidson Fat Boy

I have seen those before. Are there any other types?
    2001 400ex,K&N filter and power kit, Renthal bars, MSR Domiator clutch, Scott grips, Acerbis handgaurds, Moose skid plate, PRM baja front bumper,PRM rear grab bar, Maier plastic a-arm,oil, brake and bottom armor, Trail-tech speedo, Sand Skate I for sand,GCD scoops

well, at this syrdykes store, i saw a solid metal tube wit a thick spring on the bottom, and it mounted like that one, and it had the screw u twist to hold it in, and it bend 90 degrees anyway, so it would bend pretty far before breaking anything, dont know name or anything though, il look around