Thread: Valve problems?

Valve problems?

Has anyone heard anything about the suzuki and kawasaki 4 stroke dirt bike have cam/valve problems? I've heard this from a couple people, then found a thread on a dirtbike forum. Just thought I'd see what you guys think? I hope this quad dont have this problem!!

http://dirtrider.net/forums3/showthread.php?t=105337

I'm not being a smart***** but that from what it seems to me is that bikes owner neglected to maintain the engine properly, therefore, its not the companys fault. Plus its not just with Kawi or Zuki its with all brands....I don't care if its a Honda, KTM or whatever. I'm sure many of the riders and engine builders will agree.
    I plan on getting an hour meter for my new quad just like I did with my previous quads and bikes.

Maintain don't complain

Ride on...

later
    White 06' LTR450....sold
    '08 LTR450 getting revamped.....

I agree most of the valve train problems on these high RPM motors is caused by lack of valve adjustment. The ti valves will not last as long as stainless but with proper regular adjustment they last quite awhile.
    C&D Racing, the official sponsor of ATVriders.com and your #1 aftermarket and OEM parts shop! 402-614-2508

1st place +30 2010 IATVHSS
    #28 IATVHSS 09 Polaris 525S and 525IRS
    1st Place Industry Class 2008 Heartland Challenge
    1st Place Industry Class 2007 Maxxis 12 hrs
    www.cdracingonline.com
    check out the products we carry http://www.cdracingonline.com/sell.html

I wasnt trying to start anything, but this is something I have heard at local tracks. Yes, you will have problems with anything without taking care of it. Remember, Proper preparation prevents piss poor performance!

Originally posted by LuckyOxygen
    Remember, Proper preparation prevents piss poor performance!
    ^^^^^^^^^^DUDE, Thats EXACTLY what I'm talking about!!!!!

Most of the maintenence is pretty easy and only a fraction of the cost of a grenaded engine.

later
    White 06' LTR450....sold

i wonder if the LTR will have the same antifreeze/corrding mag. cover problems that the z-400 has
    Planning a comeback...

No the LTR will not have the same coolant corroding problem as the 05 and later Z400s, because only the quick-change clutch cover is magnesium. Not like the whole cover on the Z400s.
    White 06' LTR450....sold