Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: TRX90 front end conversion

I would have to check to see what we paid for them, they were not cheap, but usually something that works never is.

We used all 400ex parts upfront as they are a touch lighter then 300ex parts and usually in better condition, and 450R brake components in the rear. I do not see why 300EX parts would not work in the front tho.
    Staff Photographer ATVRiders.com
    Senior Photographer ATVInsider
    Staff Photographer GNCC Racing/ATV MX
    Staff Photographer Vurboffroad
    Staff Photographer Cycle News

Hey I'm gonna buy the same kit for my son's. He upgreded from a 50 to the 90. I'm just not sure which width to ask for--the 41/2 or 6 in. and which rear spacers to get. Which one's did you use and what is the size of your rear tires and rims? thanks

hey dus the kit just come with the brackets and you need to buy the 300ex parts?or does the kit come with all the parts you need(any anser will help)thanks

The kit only comes with the brackets. The rest you'll have to purchase/ You can use 300EX or 400EX parts.

how much did the entire front end cost including you buying the parts and ordering the brackets.i also need to know where you got the 300ex parts like i mean what website did u get it from.

I have this kit on my boys 06 trx90. I bought all of the parts on this site and ebay. It took me awhile to get everythign I needed, because I was bargain hunting.

With every part this includes widening the rear. I also got new rear rims and complete news front wheels and tires. I have right around $700 in it and that includes shipping. It is 100% better then the factory setup.

If we were serious into racing I would buy the used set up from Pappy in a heart beat, I just can't justify the cost of it for 3-4 races per year.
    1989 trx250r-few mods
    1998 500 scrambler-wifes
    2007 Kymco 250 Mongoose-mydaughter
    2007 250ex-my boys
    1986 ATC250r Project

I've been looking around also the dual a-arms for the Honda. We are starting to build on Mikeys 06 Honda. With the high speed and conditions it will see in the GNCC's the dual arms are the way to go. I like the Hetrick set up with Fox Float shocks. Rich says the Fox's are the way to go with this set up. The only downfall is the around 2 grand it cost.

I have some questions about this set up you folks have. How wide does it make the front. How much extra weight did you gain. Because weight robs alot of HP. I'm wanting the lightest setup I can find.Also how tuff are the supports brackets . Do they stay tight after a ruff ride for a long time.

I will say 1 thing this setup looks nice.
    Michael Mussi Jr #838
    07 Honda 300ex Tricked out
    2 Time GNCC National Champion
    Special Thanks to Hetrick Racing,Demotto Honda & Yamaha, Elza's cycle and atv's, Muffler,Brakes and More, K&K Customs. Teter Automotive,Engine Builder Don Sturdivant.
    The money spent on Michael's quads seem's like a million bucks.
    The smile on his face after winning the race WORTH IT !!!!

Originally posted by Arctic Cat Dad

I have some questions about this set up you folks have. How wide does it make the front. How much extra weight did you gain. Because weight robs alot of HP. I'm wanting the lightest setup I can find.Also how tuff are the supports brackets . Do they stay tight after a ruff ride for a long time.
    I just measured mine and took some pictures for ya. Mine is 45.5 inches wide. Yes it did add some weight, not sure how much I can set the front end on a bathroom scale if you'd like me to then compare it to your stock machine. I will say the added suspension is well worth the addition of the wieght. The brackets stay tight. I did add the center bracket because the supports were bending together because of my boy jumping. Since I added the center bracket nothign has come loose or moved and I would guess we have 30 hours on it now. My boy rides with 2-3 other kids 6-8 years old and he rides the hardest out of them, but nothign compared to you full time race guys. He will get a 2-3 feet of air under the quad on just normal weekend riding.

I work for Caterpillar so the kit isn't the quality I would like it to be. I went and got my own grade 5 bolts. YOu will have to add a bunch of washers for spacers. I would love to find a nice used set of aftermarket a arms.

I think you can go with 400ex or 450 spindles and that will save more weight.

1989 trx250r-few mods
    1998 500 scrambler-wifes
    2007 Kymco 250 Mongoose-mydaughter
    2007 250ex-my boys
    1986 ATC250r Project

400EX FRONT END FOR SALE

I've decided to part out the 400EX. I've been saying i'm going to get to fixing it for the past 8 months but just can't find the time.

I have the complete front end with brakes (master cylinder included), arms and spindles. Basically everything you'd need for your dual a-arm kit.

I believe $250. plus shipping for everything is a fair price. First come first serve!

Shane

Smokinwrench, Thanks for the quick reply. Thanks for the great pictures, I was wanting to look at this setup up close. I'm gonna use 450r parts anyway,because there lighter and I can get them from some local racers who would help us. The 45.5" is too wide for the tight woods sections. Does any1 know of any1 who might make a dual setup that is just a little narrower then 45". I would like to find 1 around 41 or 42 inches. I know 3 or 4 inches doesn't sound like much but in woods racing it might as well be a foot! To be honest the stock width on the Honda is Perfect for tight woods racing,but when you throw in the 125cc engine on it it's way to much HP for the stock suspension.
    Michael Mussi Jr #838
    07 Honda 300ex Tricked out
    2 Time GNCC National Champion
    Special Thanks to Hetrick Racing,Demotto Honda & Yamaha, Elza's cycle and atv's, Muffler,Brakes and More, K&K Customs. Teter Automotive,Engine Builder Don Sturdivant.
    The money spent on Michael's quads seem's like a million bucks.
    The smile on his face after winning the race WORTH IT !!!!

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast