Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: TRX90 front end conversion

TRX90 front end conversion

Well here it is
    Attached Images Attached Images

trx 90

looks good who a-arm set up is that thanks

looks like the one iv seen on ebay well dose it work as good as it looks ?

Dwayne

Yes that is the kit off of ebay. Those are stock 300ex a arms. The width is 45.5 inches. It works great but not without some extra support that I had to design and fabricate myself. Sunday is the first race on this setup. I can tell you now that he is on average 5 seconds a lap faster with this setup in practice. Oh yea I allmost forgot this thing will stop on a dime with the new brakes.

sweet
    did you do anything to the rear ?
    Dwayne

Looks good.I like it!!

We are running a front shock from a 300ex on the rear. It is just like riding a 300ex without power.

Well he raced today and finished 1 and 1. The racing was awesome. He was running side by side with a 2006 TRX90. It is clearly faster in stock form but the handeling made all the difference between 1st and 2nd. Now what to do to the motor? In the class he will be running we cant change pipes but can overbore. What if I went with a 107 kit, K&N, jetting, and a CDI box?

Originally posted by dirttrack71
    It works great but not without some extra support that I had to design and fabricate myself.
    I think I'm going to get one of these. What is the bracket you had to fabricate?

Does the extra wieght up front make the front end dive when jumping? Can the front end even come off the ground with this kit? Any bad effects from this kit?

Thanks
    1989 trx250r-few mods
    1998 500 scrambler-wifes
    2007 Kymco 250 Mongoose-mydaughter
    2007 250ex-my boys
    1986 ATC250r Project

I didnt notice any front end dive. It is a 100% better in my opinion. The little bumps on the stock setup would beat the heck out of you. When my son was bounced off his quad at speed last year my wife said no more of that. The extra weight is a small sacrifice. The other day at the races he was coming up short on a double and the suspension ate it up with no problem. Last year he would have been thrown off.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast