Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: close encounter of the furry kind

Talking close encounter of the furry kind

Well, me and Bambi almost kissed @ 60+ mph. Last weekend, just before outrunning the coppers, I almost smacked a deer at full throttle 5th gear speeds.

Me and 2 buddies (warrior & raptor) were running down this paved (closed to the public) road. I gave them the nod & we all opened them up & held it there for a good 30 seconds..........I looked back to see where they were, and when I turned around I saw it!
    Running across the road in front of me, no more than 5' from my bumper!
    I had NO time to react, I never touched the brakes.........I just let off the fuel & listened to my heart pounding louder than the EX
    I knew I had better slow it down & take it easy the rest of the ride.
    My buddies saw the deer too, and they said, "man, that was close!" It scared the hell out of me........and that doesn't happen too often

its that time of year, be careful out there.
    In memory of Christopher (Chrissy) Riley Andrews / 1-24-02 to 1-23-06
    we love you Chrissy

I haven't had one that close, maybe 25' going across the trail. That would tend to get the ol' ticker running fast though. I'll keep my eyes open cause they are thick out here even around neighborhoods and industrial areas.
    John

i dunno if i beat that, but i come close...........me and my friends were just screwin around in the woods, I did a Wheelie through some tall ferns/weeds.......i was 2 feet from lettin it down on top of a fawn...........I probly wouldnt have hurt my quad at all, but i know i woulda felt bad if i killed or injured a lil fawn
    kc

last summer me and my cousin were riding trails me on my 80 and him oh his kx100 and then we were chasing deer(stupid) but anyways the dear jumped over the end of his seat and he ran into a tree. We weren't go that fast though so when he hit he just bent the handle bars.
    Dustin Hofert #17

riding pics

Last weekend out at our local MX track, there was a black bear about 100 feet away from us; crossing the parking/unloading area. We all had shovels and rakes in our hands, getting ready to walk down to work on the track; but it was still a little scary. Black bears make grizzlies seem mild. JIM
    ?????-----------------------------mine

1999 KTM 65 SX/ #100/------son's

Black bears make grizzlys seem mild? Are you sure thats not backwards????? There are lots of Black bears around here, they eat garbage, their not scary, but i would definetlyt be scared of a grizzly
    kc

Well i came within 5-8 feet in hitting some deer. 3 of them were on my field. There is a blind corner and when i came around it there was a good sized doe and 2 bambis there. I wasnt going to fast luckily. Probably in 3rd gear puttin along...............

Andrew
    Thunder Racing 2 stroke engine builders

2003 Suzuki Z400
    1999 Yamaha R6, Too many mods to list

SWEET LITTLE GRIZZLY

-----what ever man

the grizzly 'll rip your head off while
    the black ber just punches you in the nose
    grizzly's are meaner and stronger than black ones.

but anyway--this isn't a quad story but it's one to tell

me and 3 other freinds where riding in trucks n a trail
    by the MS. river the truck in front saw5 deer hanging out beside the trail and slid the *** end around to em' they jumped up --i was right behind him -tey jumped up and ran one was pegged out
    streakin' and ended up in my passenger side window--a doe--
    with onel eg in my truck-- the guy with me was looking eye to eye with it for a few feet untill i could get stopped and the deer could get it's feet in place to getback outa' the truck..
    ---kinda freaky--- an that beer didn't make a single stop going through our bodies either-----scared the piss outa us-----

all true
    later
    W1DE5PREADPANIC@AOL.COM

TAKE IT FROM A PRO
    ......JUST SAY NO......

The reason I said that about black bears making grizzlies seem mild is because the black bears are more likely to have human contact and they are more like "bullies" in that you HAVE to stand up to them if they charge you. Playing dead will not come close to working with a black bear. They will climb the trees after you too........JIM
    ?????-----------------------------mine

1999 KTM 65 SX/ #100/------son's

i see your point about the bears...............funny story, once a long time ago, when we were in yellow stone, there was a lady in the phone booth with the door open, well, a big bear(i have no idea what kind) came up and stuck its head into the booth just sniffin around, it took a second for the lady to notice, but when she did she FLIPPED!, she startin SCREAMIN and she slammed the door on the bears head and was puttin all her weight against the door.......i think the bear was more freaked than her, all he wanted to do was get away, but he couldnt get his head out, he was shaking the booth up and down, and the lady was still; freakin, we were yellin to the girl to just open the door, but she was too hysterical........eventually the bear got out and took off, i bet she was freaked
    kc

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast