Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: rev kit

Question rev kit

i need some help on making my 400 go faster and have more life to it. i was thinking a WB rev kit, but i talked to my g/f's cousin who used to be an ATV mechanic and he said his friend got an "unlimited'' CDI box for his 400 straight from HONDA. he told me to get that. so i called my dealer and asked and he said they make no such thing and he said that doesnt even sound like honda. any help? i dont want to waste money on a WB kit if it only adds 1,000 more RPMS. please help
    86 250r
    PEP LT
    LSR
    AC
    LRD

huh how is it a waste of money it is a good deal i have dragged a stock 400 vs a stock 400 with a wb rev box and it beat it on top sure it tied it every where else but passed at the end

I'm not sure on this but i think that's the highest rpm's that you can get in a CDI. curtis sparks-1000 wb-1000. well, those are the only ones i've seen. unless your racing, i would advise against a CDI
    "We'll put a boot in your ***...its the American way."
    AIM Name-JakeFox06

thanks for your help guys, now i think i will get the WB. will it hurt anything in the engine if it's stock? i am planning on jetting it and putting a pipe on it and maybe a sparks andvanced flywheel key but someone told me that they dont recommend them for stock motors? thanks for the advice
    86 250r
    PEP LT
    LSR
    AC
    LRD

how much faster will i go top end? i am also planning on some minor mods like a pipe and k&n jet kit. will that help? will it hurt my piston or anything internal? i hear they arent recommended for stock motors? please help. later
    86 250r
    PEP LT
    LSR
    AC
    LRD

I wouldn't recommend it for a stock motor either. theres just not enought power on a stock. I wouldn't think it would help your top end very much. And as far as hurting things internaly, of course theres more wear when you piston is revving faster. I have a few engine mods and the WB rev limiter, and I occasionally hit the rev limit. I think its still at a safe limit, I would never keep it redlined intentionally. An unlimited rev sounds pretty unsafe.
    440, Ross 11.5:1 piston, Web cam 479 grind, race port & polish, oversized valves, hardened rockers, CRF450 cam chain, 39mm FCR carb, lightened Flywheel, Stock clutch, WB CDI box, K&N filter , WhiteBrothers E-Series full exhaust, Sidewinder Chain, 15/36 gearing, open airbox, LSR Axcaliber +3.5 axle, Houser Racing +2 a-arms, Elka triple rate, fully adjustable front shocks, +1.25 Houser swingarm, Tag Metals X5 bars, Arens +1 steering stem, Muscle steering dampener, Stainless Steel brakelines, HeatSeeker temp. guage, Pro Design kill switch, DG Pro Series nerfs, 8 run Hauler paddles. ~~http://www.sounddomain.com/id/trick440ex~~

thanks man, maybe i will mod it out first. i jsut want to be ahead of me freinds on their stock 400's. any onther cheap mod to make me smoke em in a race? later
    86 250r
    PEP LT
    LSR
    AC
    LRD

14 tooth
    440, Ross 11.5:1 piston, Web cam 479 grind, race port & polish, oversized valves, hardened rockers, CRF450 cam chain, 39mm FCR carb, lightened Flywheel, Stock clutch, WB CDI box, K&N filter , WhiteBrothers E-Series full exhaust, Sidewinder Chain, 15/36 gearing, open airbox, LSR Axcaliber +3.5 axle, Houser Racing +2 a-arms, Elka triple rate, fully adjustable front shocks, +1.25 Houser swingarm, Tag Metals X5 bars, Arens +1 steering stem, Muscle steering dampener, Stainless Steel brakelines, HeatSeeker temp. guage, Pro Design kill switch, DG Pro Series nerfs, 8 run Hauler paddles. ~~http://www.sounddomain.com/id/trick440ex~~

wont that slow me down top end? i am plenty happy with the low end mine is putting out stock, it's in the shop now getting service and tuned up so it will be better when i get it back, cuase it wasnt running right and i was still wooping on everyone. a 16 tooth would slow my acceleration right?
    86 250r
    PEP LT
    LSR
    AC
    LRD

Ya 16 would slow down accel a bit, and a 14 would slow down your top speed. I guess it depends on your riding type. Around the trails we never got to the top speed of the 15 tooth that much and for the sand 5th gear couldn't pull very well. Thats why I liked the 14 tooth so much. But ya as far as riding on open roads or something where top speed was a concern, I didnt like my 14 tooth. But I loved it for everything else.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast