Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mojave Quad of the Month??

Originally posted by TheFontMaster
    WOW a 360 How is the reliable is that motor going to be? I know FST does great work, but a 360 seems like you would start pushing your luck with it's reliability.
    The motor should be reliable. The 330 lasted three years without a valve adjustment and just smoked a little bit when it first started. Ofcourse it won't last as long as stock, but I have confidence in Mickey.

No the 411cc Mojave kit would be a 10 race rebuild I think, but it would MOOOOOOOVE!
    2000 Kawasaki Mojave (SOLD!!!!)

Originally posted by Lurch
    I want to put it up against the big guys in the QOTM contest. I think it will hold it's own.
    LOL!! right on!!!

Looks soooooooooooooooooo SAWEET!!!
    http://qjsimaging.com/

-2002 Duncan 440ex-
    Yoshimura full system,JE piston(12:1),Stage 2 Hot Cam,Port,polish, +3 Chrome Burgards AArms ,Elka Suspension -Triple rate front and Rear,GT Thunder Rev Box,,Pro Armour Nerfs,Burgard beadlock rears,Orange Fullbore,Chrome Tank cover,Candy Purple PC,Blingstar Dana Creech Bumper

2007 Suzuki LTR450
    FOX Shocks, JB Racing A-Arms, Silver Maier plastic, Quad Tech Seat Cover, BRM Offroad race numbers

2008 Raptor 250 BUILD IN PROGRESS!
    Thank you 2010 Sponsors
    and Contributers!!

Teixeira Tech,DWT, Fasstco Co., Maxima oils, Scott USA, Renthal, ODI, FLY Racing,Western Powersports, Promoto Billet, FOX Shocks,Maier Plastics,ODI,Rath Racing,ATV4-play
    ASV,Motoworks,QuadTech,Streamline,
    RockyMountain ATV,Powermadd,Les Schwab,QJ's Imaging

Where did you get your nerf bar nets? I need nets for mine badly but no one can figure out what nerf bars I have or what nerf net pattern to use. So I think Im just going to have to send them in somewhere
    2006 CBR600RR Track Bike "6Hunny"

Originally posted by CDaleChick
    Where did you get your nerf bar nets? I need nets for mine badly but no one can figure out what nerf bars I have or what nerf net pattern to use. So I think Im just going to have to send them in somewhere
    I actually made them. I bought 50yards (150') of 1" nylon webbing off of ebay for $10. Cut them to fit. Stapled them together. Then took them to a shoe shop and they sowed them togather with black thread for $3, and that's both sides. I think I used a total of 8' of the 150' of webbing. It's not as thick as the one that came with the nerf bars, but they are strong. And besides, I have over 140' to make new ones!

Do you want me to make you a set of orange nets for your nerfs? Send me a PM.

Originally posted by Lurch
    I actually made them. I bought 50yards (150') of 1" nylon webbing off of ebay for $10. Cut them to fit. Stapled them together. Then took them to a shoe shop and they sowed them togather with black thread for $3, and that's both sides. I think I used a total of 8' of the 150' of webbing. It's not as thick as the one that came with the nerf bars, but they are strong. And besides, I have over 140' to make new ones!

Do you want me to make you a set of orange nets for your nerfs? Send me a PM.
    well thats a great idea! Thanks for the tip.

if it would have been a little while back I would have jumped all over the bright orange nets, but Im only leaving two orange pieces on my quad.. (a small stripe on my seat and my bar pad cover) as a trademark of my traditional orange. I just saw some hot pink webbing on ebay that I might try to pick up...would look nice with my color scheme

Originally posted by CDaleChick
    ...would look nice with my color scheme
    shhhhhhhhhhh... thats supposed to remain a SECRET... remember???!!!
    http://qjsimaging.com/

-2002 Duncan 440ex-
    Yoshimura full system,JE piston(12:1),Stage 2 Hot Cam,Port,polish, +3 Chrome Burgards AArms ,Elka Suspension -Triple rate front and Rear,GT Thunder Rev Box,,Pro Armour Nerfs,Burgard beadlock rears,Orange Fullbore,Chrome Tank cover,Candy Purple PC,Blingstar Dana Creech Bumper

2007 Suzuki LTR450
    FOX Shocks, JB Racing A-Arms, Silver Maier plastic, Quad Tech Seat Cover, BRM Offroad race numbers

2008 Raptor 250 BUILD IN PROGRESS!
    Thank you 2010 Sponsors
    and Contributers!!

Teixeira Tech,DWT, Fasstco Co., Maxima oils, Scott USA, Renthal, ODI, FLY Racing,Western Powersports, Promoto Billet, FOX Shocks,Maier Plastics,ODI,Rath Racing,ATV4-play
    ASV,Motoworks,QuadTech,Streamline,
    RockyMountain ATV,Powermadd,Les Schwab,QJ's Imaging

home town, Poland NY College, Blairsville PA
    Well lurch, the entry thread is up for Febuary, get some pics of that quad with some wheels and tires on enter it
    Andy

WyoTech....

AIM; District3250rMX
    Yahoo; Gone_Snowboarding06

Originally posted by QuadJunkies
    shhhhhhhhhhh... thats supposed to remain a SECRET... remember???!!!
    people know its hot pink and black but they dont know how good its looking hehehe

Originally posted by TheFontMaster
    Well lurch, the entry thread is up for Febuary, get some pics of that quad with some wheels and tires on enter it
    Well, I may have to wait. My 2001 YZ250F FCR carb is being replaced by one from a 2005 KX250F. Same size but in better shape and it has the cool aluminum 'throttle wheel' cover. Also, the brakes will not be ready until Saturday. Also, UPS keeps screwing around with the Gokielectric start kit I should have had three days after Christmas. I can't start it until then (14:1 compression + weak kickstart gears = $$$$$$$$). I may have to take all of the pictures when it's done and shoot for March.

home town, Poland NY College, Blairsville PA
    Well good luck getting everything together, I can't wait to see it done. But next month I'm going to do a utility quad QOTM, april will be an open month, then after that will probably be the 200-350 sport class QOTM.
    Andy

WyoTech....

AIM; District3250rMX
    Yahoo; Gone_Snowboarding06

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast