Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bullet proofing.

Bullet proofing.

How much would it cost to get the whole crank update done an some other updates.Z400 barrings billet crank and work......Does haydug still do work on dale?

Some help I might keep my dale as a back up.
    99 440ex Works/leager (sold)

05 450r Houser/Axis (sold)

02 Cannondale Moto Gibson/elka- (sold)

07LTR450 rage built

Cost is really only relative to what all needs to be done...but here is a shot.

assumption--> Your crank is worn by now so it will have to be stroked.

475--crank stroking
    100--stage 8 kit
    15--oil line update
    60--aluminum implellar
    20--shorty air horn
    60--decomp reworked (tightened)
    139--aluminum valve cover
    xxx--labor

the decomp and valve cover are items that you won't know if are needed until its torn down.

For your motor contact Timbomoose...he is up in Penn and is one of the best and fastest since the crank will be coming from him anyway. Tim-->814-796-6667

Last I heard tim was backed up you might want to call him.
    88 Zilla gotta love the old twosmokes!!!
    06 Quadracer **For Sale**
    07 Grizzly 700 FI with powersteering!!!

06 2500HD Duramax Crew Cab

http://www.thequadbuilder.com

Godspeed #4 keep a watch over us there little buddy!

Originally posted by happyboy
    Cost is really only relative to what all needs to be done...but here is a shot.

assumption--> Your crank is worn by now so it will have to be stroked.

475--crank stroking
    100--stage 8 kit
    15--oil line update
    60--aluminum implellar
    20--shorty air horn
    60--decomp reworked (tightened)
    139--aluminum valve cover
    xxx--labor

the decomp and valve cover are items that you won't know if are needed until its torn down.

For your motor contact Timbomoose...he is up in Penn and is one of the best and fastest since the crank will be coming from him anyway. Tim-->814-796-6667
    Now if we are talking cost here my list would include:

If the crank is done then it isn't necessary for the stage 8 or the oil line update. It would be your choice on the aluminum impeller. Meaning if it were me I would do it, but if money is the issue than save it. Shorty sir horn???? What the heck does that have to do with reliability? I would have Doug check the Decomp and if the cover is messed switch it if not keep using until money is available.

So instead of $869

How about minimum best case $475 or worst case $674.

The stage 8 was necessary due to poor assembly and when you had a bad crank. Better crank and red loctite and she is good to go. Oil line update isn't necessary is all the other is good.
    C&D Racing the place to get your parts. Just ask Dusty she can get anything.

Derno, he did say bulletproof. Stage 8 is bulletproof. You can still get a bolt that the loctite didn't take on and it could back out.

he can also save 100 bucks if he dont want to stroke the crank and go with stock rebuild
    Triple Threat Racing
    2003 Cannondale
    Can't beat American Quality!

2005 Sponsors
    Hiper Technology

is it worth it guys? b/c im also thinking about getting my a-arms re powder coated. a gibson swing arm an elka rear on it too.An keeping it for a nice practice quad.
    99 440ex Works/leager (sold)

05 450r Houser/Axis (sold)

02 Cannondale Moto Gibson/elka- (sold)

07LTR450 rage built

of you have you crank redone and you have the factory stud update you can loctite and have more than enough security you have gotten rid of the main vibration so the bolts will not backout and as far as stroking the crank goes it will depend on your budget I would recommend it. YOu will definately have a very reliable bike if you update you crank!!!
    Triple Threat Racing
    2003 Cannondale
    Can't beat American Quality!

2005 Sponsors
    Hiper Technology

The stage 8 kit is overkill .....just red locktight the bolts. Most people don't apply locktight correctly! Clean the holes out good with carburetor cleaner and blow them dry with compressed air. Then put the locktight in the holes (not on the bolts). If you put the locktight on the bolts, then most of it squeezes up the threads as you screw the bolts in and you don't get the full locking effect of it!

Brad at Blackwidow ATV sells stock rebuilt cranks for less than a stroker crank (about $325 I think). You can also get a stock piston and sleeve for about $115.
    "Duct tape me back on my bike, I can still ride!"

Stroker is well worth it. I love the low end power they have compared to a stocker.

And how is the stage 8 overkill? Its does its job and for $100 you can get a guarantee that those bolts will not back out. sheesh
    For all the damage one of those bolts can do its well worth the 100 bucks. IMO

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast