Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: anyone got pics @ oregon dunes???

anyone got pics @ oregon dunes???

i just want to see some pics of the oregon dunes...action pics or not...preferrably of the dunes them selves..i just want to get a feel of how big they are...

would my quad (see signature) be able to make it upthe majority of the hills?

TIA
    pismoguy
    2002 400ex

E2, UNI, race cut, elka triple rates

RIDE RED

Yea, there should only be one or two you cant go up...here is a pic, but it really doesnt do justice how big some of the dunes are.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    The Sauce, Tweeter, and Crappy

http://cs-hacks.tk
    Pics of stuff
    www.fletchtrick.com (Engine Builder)
    Head of the EXriders Mafia

thanks for the pic screamin' shee...how far is the ride from the campsites to some of the good sized hills?...thanks

pismoguy
    2002 400ex

RIDE RED

Are you camped in discovery point? If you are, you ride out of there, on to the dunes, and in just a minute or two you are at iron man, the pic in this post. Then from there its only probably 10 minutes or 5 minutes if you really bust your ***** to get out there to get to the 300+ foot dunes... Iron Man \/
    Attached Images Attached Images
    The Sauce, Tweeter, and Crappy

http://cs-hacks.tk
    Pics of stuff
    www.fletchtrick.com (Engine Builder)
    Head of the EXriders Mafia

wow thats a big *** hill...not what im used to seeing at pismo

im just asking for pics because we might be taking a trip up there in august..i have no clue where we will be staying.....i dont wanna have a 20 minute ride from the campsite...are all the campsites in one specific area or what...is there a paved road, or gravel to get to the campsites, or is it like what we're used to...driving on the beach and hoping you wont bury youreself...

...i dont feel like getting stranded in between 2 dunes...the hills im used to are not even a challenge to a 300ex w/ stock tires...theyre about 100-150 feet tall......any more pics..

ps..theese are greatly appreciated...

do you know of a website where i can fins pics and info on the oregon dunes?

thanks
    pismoguy
    2002 400ex

RIDE RED

Check out Out4sand's website, he has some really good pictures of various Oregon dunes. Im doubting the fact that you would get stranded in between dunes somewhere because you cant make it out,,,especially in the wide open dunes. Now if you get on some trail that takes you to some drop off point of one way out, than that may be a different story.
    Yes your new 450R just got beat by this 416!!!

416 EX, Trinity Racing pro Port and Polish, 39mm FCR Carb bored and tapered by Holeshot motorsports,TAG Bars,Stage 2 cam , +4" Swingarm by Sandragon Motorsports, 22x11x10 Haulers ITP Holeshots, WB Rev kit,K&N Filter, no airbox lid, Curtis Sparks X6,, ,ITP Holeshots, Laker Custom plastic, RIS design bumper, Cascade Innovations Seat
    2000 Banshee,

rawhand...sorry if i misled you , but i was specifically talking about screamin 'shees 2nd pic....i would hate to get stuck between those 2 hills.. unless there is a way out on either side parallel to the trees.
    2002 400ex

RIDE RED

Well Like I said, and no I wasnt misled, im very familiar with that hill in the picture. My daughter rides her Kasea at the bottom of that hill and watches us climb at, then rides rite exactly where that picture was taken from and goes all over the place. Its kinda like picking and choosing your battles. You can maneauver around most of the big hills easily.
    Yes your new 450R just got beat by this 416!!!

416 EX, Trinity Racing pro Port and Polish, 39mm FCR Carb bored and tapered by Holeshot motorsports,TAG Bars,Stage 2 cam , +4" Swingarm by Sandragon Motorsports, 22x11x10 Haulers ITP Holeshots, WB Rev kit,K&N Filter, no airbox lid, Curtis Sparks X6,, ,ITP Holeshots, Laker Custom plastic, RIS design bumper, Cascade Innovations Seat
    2000 Banshee,

ok...

o yeah, thanks for referring me to out4sands page..it had lots of great pics and info.
    2002 400ex

RIDE RED

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast