• concise - Laeger/LRD 265r

3 1.23%
  • Chef - 88 PSI425r

29 11.93%
  • rawdeal's wife - 87 ESR 265r

63 25.93%
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: January Quad of the Month poll

I voted for raws bike because it is very unique. How many girls bikes do you see out there that are that nice? I never saw the pic with the girl but over all I actually think raw had a disadvantage due to the color scheme of the bike. This forum is 99% men 1% women. Most men would look at it and go oh pink, pinks not my thing so its a POS. When I all actuallity its a sick bike. I bet ya if it was a different color it would be getting many more votes right now. This i the reason I hate these contests. One person is loseing so they get all pissed off and start a whole bunch of bull****. All of your quads are sick so let the nicest quad win!
    http://quadworld.vf11.com/index.php

After reading through all this discussion about the different opinions on what pictures should be used and what shouldn’t. I feel the need to throw in my 2 cents worth. If there were no rules in place that stated the uses of background props (beautiful women or others) was not allowed then more power to those who use all their resources within the rules to help them win. I agree that it should be limited to Quads only and the rules should be modified to reflect this but this was not a rule at the time.
    I also think it would be a very good idea only to show the final tally after the voting has ended. Its human nature to want to be associated with the winner so once people see who the frontrunners are the vote tend to flow to those few. If it were a blind poll I think the results would be much more dispersed between all these equally deserving “R’s”. It would also eliminate the bickering between contestants while the voting is still going on. We are all guys and all have great 250R’s which is a combination that adds up to not being used to coming in second but as a civilized society there is only one winner and the rest just have to deal with it.

Originally posted by jon370r
    Its human nature to want to be associated with the winner so once people see who the frontrunners are the vote tend to flow to those few. If it were a blind poll I think the results would be much more dispersed between all these equally deserving “R’s”.
    You can't see the tallies until after you have already voted.

Originally posted by jon370r
    After reading through all this discussion about the different opinions on what pictures should be used and what shouldn’t. I feel the need to throw in my 2 cents worth. If there were no rules in place that stated the uses of background props (beautiful women or others) was not allowed then more power to those who use all their resources within the rules to help them win. I agree that it should be limited to Quads only and the rules should be modified to reflect this but this was not a rule at the time.
    I also think it would be a very good idea only to show the final tally after the voting has ended. Its human nature to want to be associated with the winner so once people see who the frontrunners are the vote tend to flow to those few. If it were a blind poll I think the results would be much more dispersed between all these equally deserving “R’s”. It would also eliminate the bickering between contestants while the voting is still going on. We are all guys and all have great 250R’s which is a combination that adds up to not being used to coming in second but as a civilized society there is only one winner and the rest just have to deal with it.
    I was going to keep my mouth shut, and except for the post in which I said the pic should be photoshopped (which was all in fun), I have. But I don't believe he didn't think he would get more votes because of it. It's only common sense. Just because there wasn't a specific rule there previously doesn't make it right. There are some rules that just don't need to be stated, and if anybody doesn't understand this then they must be idiots. He was baiting the people to vote for his, just like he is now promising to repost the pic if he wins. I could offer to give mine away to whoever gives me the winning vote, that might turn the tables. Nah, that won't happen, but it felt good to vent.
    "Everything's a good idea when you're drinkin'"
    "Without rules, we'd all be livin' in trees, flingin' our crap at each other" - a very wise man
    2003 Lonestar 250R
    2001 Lonestar 250R
    1986 250R restored to new
    1986 250R still in pieces
    2007 TRX450R
    2004 TRX450R
    1999 CR250
    1999 CR500
    1996 CR250
    and many more

1999 Banshee "NEW TO ME"

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/b...razyavatar.gif

home town, Poland NY College, Blairsville PA
    The contest ends late this afternoon. If you have a coment please keep it clean, and stop the arguing.
    Andy

WyoTech....

AIM; District3250rMX
    Yahoo; Gone_Snowboarding06

Well this month's winner of the ATVriders.com Quad of the Month is Rawdeal's 265r. Congrats on the win man, you have a PM.
    Andy

WyoTech....

AIM; District3250rMX

Originally posted by TheFontMaster
    Well this month's winner of the ATVriders.com Quad of the Month is Rawdeal's 265r. Congrats on the win man, you have a PM.
    congrats on the win!!!!

you had my vote.

all in all a good picture defently helps bring out the quad. girl or no girl. it is defently worthy of the win.
    06 450R

2003 Z-440

Frame: Stock
    A Arms: Janssen LT
    Swingarm: Janssen LT +1.25
    Steering Stem: Stock
    Stbilizer: GWC
    Axle: Dura Blue +4
    Carrier: Rad
    Locknut: Stock
    Hubs F|R: Stock
    Bars: TAG
    Throttle/Clutch Lever: Motion pro
    Grips: Tag
    Nerfs: AC Pro Peg
    Bumper: IMS
    Grab Bar: Stock
    Front Shocks: Elka LT
    Rear Shock: Elka LT
    Brake Lines: Stream Line
    Rotors F|R: Stock
    Rims F|R: Douglas
    Tires F|R: ITP Holeshot MXR4

Body: Z-400

Plastic: Maier/Quadtech
    Graphics|Seat Cover: N-Style
    Number Backgrounds: N/A
    Handguards: Acerbis
    Bar Pad: Tag
    Fuel Tank: Stock

Engine|Drive System: 400

Cylinder|Head: Stock/Ported
    Bore & Stroke:
    Displacement: 440
    Carburetor: 39mm FCR
    Air Filter|Box: Pro Design
    Pipe|Silencer: Pro Circuit
    Clutch|Plates: Barnett
    Gearing F|R: 15/39
    CDI|Killswitch: Pro Design
    Cooling: Stock
    Other: Dyna FS Ignition Box
    Attached Images Attached Images

This months QOTM is over. Wait until the end of the month and there will be an entry thread for the February QOTM.

Originally posted by bama450r
    This months QOTM is over. Wait until the end of the month and there will be an entry thread for the February QOTM.

The Febuary entry thread starts the 17th.
    Andy

WyoTech....

AIM; District3250rMX

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567