Thread: help with sparky

help with sparky

ive had mixed oppinions here on takeing out my sparky .
    the yamaha teky yold me there would be no repercutions involved but the bike would be louder but will not run lean enough too matter BUT some say it will reak havoc on my motor if i dont remapp! so does it reak havoc or does it run fine without my spark arrestor? i have a raptor 700

please help all oppinions count but i need some expert advice.

i would think it wouldnt matter, the beauty of EFI is that it should use its sensor readings to compensate for the difference, but i dont think there will be a big difference if any but thats IMHO
    01 400EX: white brothers R4 slipon, K&N with ghetto fab carpet air box lid, jetted, nac's case guard, nac's throttle cover and brake master cover, renthal bars, custom snorkel/intake tube, and sticker delete option, and scrapes on the grab bar from 12 o'clock wheelies in the neighborhood.
    97 SUZUKI TL1000S: 02' TLR motor, M4 2into1 full exhaust w/ carbon can, 03' huyabusa gold forks, TLR six piston front brake calipers, 02' gold GSXR 1000 rear brake caliper, GALFER wave rear rotor, 02 gold TLR front discs, VORTEX billet upper triple clamp, K&N filter, airbox mod, clear flush mount front signals, HOTBODIES under tail, ATRE, LED guages, PPG espresso black pearl paint, chrome wheels, Decals from FABRITECH.com, black windscreen, 05' ninja ZX636R radial brake master for the front and clutch lever and perch in gold, Michelin PILOT POWERs, clear tailight, modded TLR swingarm to fit TLS and Bitubo shock with resevoir.

yes i seen a pic of some other 700 r with the plug pulled after pulling the sparky looked like it ran just fine.

it had a plug pulled??? what plug? this might affect it if its a sensor.
    01 400EX: white brothers R4 slipon, K&N with ghetto fab carpet air box lid, jetted, nac's case guard, nac's throttle cover and brake master cover, renthal bars, custom snorkel/intake tube, and sticker delete option, and scrapes on the grab bar from 12 o'clock wheelies in the neighborhood.
    97 SUZUKI TL1000S: 02' TLR motor, M4 2into1 full exhaust w/ carbon can, 03' huyabusa gold forks, TLR six piston front brake calipers, 02' gold GSXR 1000 rear brake caliper, GALFER wave rear rotor, 02 gold TLR front discs, VORTEX billet upper triple clamp, K&N filter, airbox mod, clear flush mount front signals, HOTBODIES under tail, ATRE, LED guages, PPG espresso black pearl paint, chrome wheels, Decals from FABRITECH.com, black windscreen, 05' ninja ZX636R radial brake master for the front and clutch lever and perch in gold, Michelin PILOT POWERs, clear tailight, modded TLR swingarm to fit TLS and Bitubo shock with resevoir.

no he pulled the spark plug out and snapped a pic of it after he ran his bike without the sparky.

i thought u were talking about a spark arrestor in the exhaust can... are u? cuz otherwise i have no idea what ur talkin bout

well i was interested in wether my bike would run lean if i pulled the sparky out and a bunch of poeple said yes they thought that it would run lean but this one cat pulled his spark plug out and posted the picture of it online to show me what it looked like after pulling his spark arrestor out to show that his 700 ran just fine with out the sparky.

oh yeah u can def pull ur spark arrestor out and be fine, I mean i have a suzuki TL1000 streetbike with FI and i have Full M4 exhaust and many other mods and i didnt touch the computer and my bike is faster. The spark arrestor is just a screen type thing that prevents flames from shooting out the exhaust it wont make a nominal difference in fuel air mixture

two rides without sparky and no problems i checked plug every time looks really healthy the bike runs really good too.

good deal bro