Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: team suzuki not racing on stock shocks

team suzuki not racing on stock shocks

I just read on another atv site the team suzuki signed with fox racing shocks for the 06 season. I guess that throws racing the stock suspension out window huh?
    Nobody trains for 2nd place.

big suprise! i sure didnt expect them to
    Planning a comeback...

In my opinion... Thank God!
    Stock suspension is "even if it's race ready" going to be setup for an all-around agressive recrational valving/springs at best. It only makes sense. Even the "race ready" dirtbikes require a revalve/respring to be truly competitive.

I'd rather see them eat up the track on a 80% stock quad than come in 10th on a 100% stock quad.

I still think the stockers will be a great revalve/resprung setup with a ZPS system. No need to spend $1000 on a LT front end.

Even at that, I think the stock suspension will probably be way more than enough for 90% of the riders out there. (non-racers)

I also think the LT will be great for the sport. For $1500 you could have a damn nice race quad, IMHO.
    Brandon -O||||O-
    1998 Honda TRX300EX (330)

Will they be running stock a-arms or no?

I'm sure they will.
    Proper length, and already setup for LT. Also have good press-in ball joints.

I don't see any reason why they wouldn't. If they don't it would be for weight (chormoly), and Suzuki would probably make them for them. Though weight savings would be minimal on a-arms. I would also assume they would be running final test prototypes for R&D for the next year's improvments (at least on the test/practice quad).
    Brandon -O||||O-
    1998 Honda TRX300EX (330)

That press release was a surprise! I don't expect they will race stock arms either, just an assumption though. For most guys the stock shocks with a revalve and change of springs will probably be good.

They are sponsored by Roll Design, think they still have them sponsoring in 06' bet they wont be on stock A arms. Or stock anything on the LT, their bikes will probly have all aftermarket parts and wont be nothing like the stocker.

Yea they called the 450R and the YFZ race ready to. I figured they would go with after market shocks

Hey Killswitch, Suzuki ran Walsh the entire 2005 season and probably will do so again in 2006.
    2008 KFX450R

It will be Walsh.
    2007 can am outlander 800

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast