Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: How to install a K&N Powerkit

that looks like alot of work.... all i did was take off all the plastic and took off the gas tank and just took off the carb all together and rejetted... it was alot easier then dismantling the front plastic lol
    400ex with +3 herrmann LT a-arms PEP zps LT shocks pep revalved rear +1 1/4 herrmann swingarm +1 antivibe herrmann stem, tag fat bars +4 lonestar axle braided brake lines front and rear pep stabilizer 426 kit JE 11 high compression piston, port and polish hotcams stage 2 cam & hardened rockers Hinson 8 plate clutch basket
    Barnett carbon fiber clutch plates Fly E-Z pull clutch and perch Pro Motion Clutch cables White Brothers unlimited rev limiter
    AC racing pro peg nerfs Pro Design kill switch White Brothers E- Series slip-on K&N air filter, K&N stage 1 jet kit Sunstar 14/37 Pro Pesign power shifter 18-11-8 cut turf tamers Mx on Douglas Beadlocks with OMF red rings
    front 19 inch holeshot mx race cut plastics LRD brake block off aim screen name... andweeeeeeeeeee3

VERY informative,,,thanks
    Uncle Ted for President!

My Rags

85 70 "Lil Red"
    85 70 "Rosco"
    85 110 "Sweetie"
    83 185S "Freebie"
    85 250ES "Red"

02 400EX "Cletus"
    04 Polaris ATP "Hoss"

Past rags:2000 Scrambler 400, 86 350X, 86 250R, 84 200S, 97 ATK260LQ

Great info,

Besides the removal of the plastic (is different of course) is the actual carb work the same on a 300ex?

Thanks,
    Paul

No clue dude..sorry.
    Deathbringer
    (The Corporation)

2002 Yellow 400ex
    Armadillo Chrome Bumper
    WB E-series pipe
    WB Rev box
    Dyno Jet kit
    K&N filtering/moded airbox
    Chromed headers
    Lots of bling bling

well i take my carb off ALL THE TIME and i only use about hmm , well dang sure not as many steps as you did. heres what i do. take the left side panel off and take off the left gas tank rubber strap. take the hose clamps off both sides of the carb. grab the neck that goes from the airbox to the carb and bend it toward the left tire and hang it behind the little rubber thing that ur seat rides on. then unhook the gas line , AT THE FUEL SELECTOR VALVE. then pull the carb backwards to clear the engine boot. then , here comes the semi-hard part. lift up on the gas tank and at the same time , pull the carburator out the top and toward the shifter , make sure that the throttle cable goes underneath the fuel selector valve. and it will hang there on the side of your motor by the cable while you do what you need to do. this way , you can leave on most of ur plastic and ur gas tank and the airbox. that little thin piece of black material under the fuel selector i believe it is , chunk it. this is what i did a LONG time ago.

casey
    400ex - Sparks x-6 exhuast , JD performance +2 a arms , Lonestar Racing + 4 axle, TCS tripple rate zero-preload suspension with remote res. , AC nerfs and bumper , Holeshot MX's , champion beadlocks , renthal bars , k &n filter, PD kill switch

There are always short cuts that you can take as you get better at things, or more knowledgable, but Deathbringer took the time to take pics and go step by step for us guys who have never taken our quad apart. Some of us need to taken everything apart before we can start taking shortcuts.
    '02 Red 400
    It's faster now then when I bought it!

yeah thats true. ive been wrenchin on my 400 for about 2 years now and its gettin pretty simple. i started when im 16 years old now and i wish i could get a summer job at a honda shop or a motorcycle repair shop but oh well. im to much of a bum.
    400ex - Sparks x-6 exhuast , JD performance +2 a arms , Lonestar Racing + 4 axle, TCS tripple rate zero-preload suspension with remote res. , AC nerfs and bumper , Holeshot MX's , champion beadlocks , renthal bars , k &n filter, PD kill switch

Yes there are alot of shortcuts...I know my one friend has done it without even pulling the carb off more then enough to twist it a little... he is also one of 3 people that have stripped screws and had other problems.. this as I stated..is only one way of doing it... If you want easy access, a clean way to work, and like to take you time to do it right the first time..especially if its your first "big" mod then this is how to do it. The way I did it only takes about 1 1/2 hours from beginning to end and that was with pictures so I don't think its that big of a waste of time..And yes there seems like more steps then there really is because of making pictures to show where things are at..
    Nuf said enjoy.
    Deathbringer
    (The Corporation)

2002 Yellow 400ex
    Armadillo Chrome Bumper
    WB E-series pipe
    WB Rev box
    Dyno Jet kit
    Chromed headers
    Lots of bling bling

but where is the piolet jet located is it behind the float boal or something. i don't know.
    00" 400EX
    Full Big Gun Exhaust 'Race', Dyno jet kit (stage 2), K&N air filter, Blue Maier plastic w/ Front Race cut gas tank cover, Nacs seat cover, AC front bumper (chrome), AC Propeg Nerf bars (Black nets), Renthal 'ATV Racer' Handlebars and ultra light 36 tooth rear sprocket, DG full body skid plates and DG a-arm skids, D.I.D 520 chain, Gunnar kill switch, Raptor Adjustable pull clutch lever and purch, ATV pro grips, (19/6/10 Holeshot MX tires, 18/11/8 Turf Tamers both mounted on Douglas Aluminum .190's,)some polished stuff, Removed snorkel and filter cover.

Deathbringer
    (The Corporation)

2002 Yellow 400ex
    Armadillo Chrome Bumper
    WB E-series pipe
    WB Rev box
    Dyno Jet kit
    Chromed headers
    Lots of bling bling

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast