Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: How to install a K&N Powerkit

Step Twenty

Step Twenty.... You will need to turn the air/fuel screw all the way in and then back it out the amount of turns listed in the manual for your area..do this now because its a pain to adjust when its on the bike.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Deathbringer; 06-29-2002 at 01:06 PM.
    Deathbringer
    (The Corporation)

2002 Yellow 400ex
    Armadillo Chrome Bumper
    WB E-series pipe
    WB Rev box
    Dyno Jet kit
    K&N filtering/moded airbox
    Chromed headers
    Lots of bling bling

Step Twenty One

Step Twenty One.....After removing the stock jets use whatever is appropriate for your area, and reassemble the pieces.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Deathbringer; 06-29-2002 at 12:56 PM.
    Deathbringer
    (The Corporation)

2002 Yellow 400ex
    Armadillo Chrome Bumper
    WB E-series pipe
    WB Rev box
    Dyno Jet kit
    Chromed headers
    Lots of bling bling

Done

Done..basically all you need to do is reassemble the whole bike and you are ready to go...
    I didn't show the reinstall of the new filter but that seemed kind of obvious since you removed it earlier..
    I hope some of you find this usefull and feel more confident in tearing apart your bike..
    The project will take you about 1 1/2hrs, take your time and everything will go smooth.
    Last edited by Deathbringer; 06-29-2002 at 11:10 AM.
    Deathbringer
    (The Corporation)

2002 Yellow 400ex
    Armadillo Chrome Bumper
    WB E-series pipe
    WB Rev box
    Dyno Jet kit
    Chromed headers
    Lots of bling bling

You guys have any feedback..???
    Deathbringer
    (The Corporation)

2002 Yellow 400ex
    Armadillo Chrome Bumper
    WB E-series pipe
    WB Rev box
    Dyno Jet kit
    Chromed headers
    Lots of bling bling

Thanks! This should go in the FAQ

in step #20 which one is the piolet jet. i coulden't find out which one it is. i just took my carb off and all of the gas came out how long will it take to start the engine with no gas in the carb? thanks
    00" 400EX
    Full Big Gun Exhaust 'Race', Dyno jet kit (stage 2), K&N air filter, Blue Maier plastic w/ Front Race cut gas tank cover, Nacs seat cover, AC front bumper (chrome), AC Propeg Nerf bars (Black nets), Renthal 'ATV Racer' Handlebars and ultra light 36 tooth rear sprocket, DG full body skid plates and DG a-arm skids, D.I.D 520 chain, Gunnar kill switch, Raptor Adjustable pull clutch lever and purch, ATV pro grips, (19/6/10 Holeshot MX tires, 18/11/8 Turf Tamers both mounted on Douglas Aluminum .190's,)some polished stuff, Removed snorkel and filter cover.

Once you put the bike back together and turn on the gas...give the throttle about 5 pumps,.it fired right up for us..
    In step 20 the pilot jet isn't visible.... only the main jet which is the very top piece you see....

I have another part to this tutorial coming on the WB's E-Series Exhaust and you will get to download a .mpg of the first start up we did after mod'n the bike and you will see how easy it really starts and that is with the WB's rev box installed..
    Last edited by Deathbringer; 07-01-2002 at 11:41 AM.
    Deathbringer
    (The Corporation)

2002 Yellow 400ex
    Armadillo Chrome Bumper
    WB E-series pipe
    WB Rev box
    Dyno Jet kit
    Chromed headers
    Lots of bling bling

good job dude, that will make it a lot easyer for people who have little experince with their bike.

is there any sort of advantage to removing the snorkle? i was thinking that i would take it apart and modify it but i've just been too lazy...and messing with this FL250 i have now. soon to have a atc 250r also, i hope!
    02 400ex

Yeah you drop a wooping pound off the bike..LOL..
    Seriously...we cut the snorkle right in front of the opening, then I found some really nice 3M foam to put in the end of it..we spray it black to blend in, it makes a great air scoop that way since it faces forward.. The only draw back to this would be if you spend a lot of time in water, which I don't..then you could suck it up easier...the idea Honda had was to allow the bike to pull air from a higher point to avoid pulling water into the airbox. The only other issue I have with it is that it passes very close to the engine, this to me could (no proof) warm the air coming into the box thus reducing HP. Anyway thanks for the feedback and hope it helps you out.
    Deathbringer
    (The Corporation)

2002 Yellow 400ex
    Armadillo Chrome Bumper
    WB E-series pipe
    WB Rev box
    Dyno Jet kit
    Chromed headers
    Lots of bling bling

yeah i totaly agree there about the intake. maybe i'll just have to trek it over to phoenix and go monkey with the snorkle now hehe.
    02 400ex

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast