Thread: Quick review on the Stage 2 HotCam

Quick review on the Stage 2 HotCam

Well boys you have been askin now here it is. I got the cam in and installed. I then had to do a vavle job .15mm and .20mm. It was farly easy. I finally got around to riding. I broke it in by going around the track for about 20-30 min and then I opened it up. One word, amazing. This thing hits so much better than the xr400 cam. It pulled very hard from 3rd gear on up. I didnt really notice that much of a loss in the bottom end, if I did it will make up for it when I get my Sparks X-6 exhaust. Anyways wish I could tell you all moe but I am off to the Bar. See ya
    C&D Racing, 308-696-7805

SOLD ---------- SOLD

2001 400ex, JE 416 10.8:1, Hotcams Stage 2 Cam, C&D Racing Port and Polish, Viton Valve seals, 39mm FCR Carb, Complete Curtis Sparks X-6 Exhuast, Sparks Timing Key, Magnum Rev Limiter, Sparks 8 Plate Clutch, Race Cut Fenders with CarbonFiber Hood with Scoop w/ mesh insert, Magura Hydrolic Clutch, Steel braided clutch line, Holeshots MX Rear on Red Labels, Holeshot MX Front on Red Labels, K&N Air Filter with Prefilter, ShockWears, AC Skid Plate, and Polished Propeg Nerfs, TAG X-5 Bars, Kill Switch, DR Blockoff Plate, OMF Radiator Shrouds, Elka Triple Rate SSD, Rear Elka Rebuild, +2 Houser a-arms (HammerTone and Chrome), Lonestar Axcaliber 2 + 2 axle, Polished Motor Mounts and Sidecase, DR number plates, PEP Steering Stabilizer.

C&D Racing, 308-696-7805

valves?

I thought the stage 2 was a drop in cam? What did you have to do to your valves? I am just about ready to order my stage 2 hot cams but I don't know much about vavles? Do you mean you had to adjust them? I can do that much. What is the valve adjustment with the hot cam? Is it the same as stock .004 and .005

Yeah I think he maens he just had to readjust the valves. they run a little looser than stock @ .15mm & .20mm (in/ex)
    03 Predator w/ TrailTech X-bars & clamp, WB slip-on, custom K&N intake, Edelbrock carb

06 Raptor, Houser +2 A-arms, LSR +4 axle, FMF PowerBomb Header w/ Two Bros slip on, ProDesign K&N intake kit, TrailTech X-bars, clamp & Vapor computer, PC III USB

Thanks for the update Josh (JHallett)! I know you were anxious in getting a different cam.... I know you had to wait longer than you wanted and expected to get it, but it sounds like your patience paid off on this, huh?

Glad to hear the great news. Best of luck with the recent mod. Wow, now you have so much done to yours, I will not have a chance against you when I come to Nebraska!!!:grr
    Special Thanks to C&D Racing

Ex'r if you want to keep up man you better be spending some money with Dusty and Kolby otherwise your guna be breathin alot of dust. j/k

Anways guys I had a big race here yesterday and was very impressed with my new found power. The cam worked excellent. The race consisted of 9 quad battleing over about $800 total purse for our class. I won just about every holeshot except for the first one and that was b/c I started dead last (9th) I did however to the 3rd spot out of the first turn and stayed there until the whoop section threw me from the bike on the last lap, I ended up in 9th. That sucked.

The second heat race, I started in the 1st position and won the holeshot but was past of the straight away by the 465ex that was racin, then again by a 440ex that is faster than sh**, this kid ended up winnin the whole thing. I finshed 4th in this race, which I was happy with.

Then the main I started in the 4th postion and got 2nd place on the holeshot, I am thinkin this cam is awesome, this has never happened before. Anyways I held on to the entire race for second just to be past on the last lap by the 465ex so I ended up 3rd that race.

All ans all I finished 4th overall for the day.

Thanks guys.
    C&D Racing, 308-696-7805

SOLD ---------- SOLD

2001 400ex, JE 416 10.8:1, Hotcams Stage 2 Cam, C&D Racing Port and Polish, Viton Valve seals, 39mm FCR Carb, Complete Curtis Sparks X-6 Exhuast, Sparks Timing Key, Magnum Rev Limiter, Sparks 8 Plate Clutch, Race Cut Fenders with CarbonFiber Hood with Scoop w/ mesh insert, Magura Hydrolic Clutch, Steel braided clutch line, Holeshots MX Rear on Red Labels, Holeshot MX Front on Red Labels, K&N Air Filter with Prefilter, ShockWears, AC Skid Plate, and Polished Propeg Nerfs, TAG X-5 Bars, Kill Switch, DR Blockoff Plate, OMF Radiator Shrouds, Elka Triple Rate SSD, Rear Elka Rebuild, +2 Houser a-arms (HammerTone and Chrome), Lonestar Axcaliber 2 + 2 axle, Polished Motor Mounts and Sidecase, DR number plates, PEP Steering Stabilizer.

C&D Racing, 308-696-7805

Thanks for the info on the cam and how it worked and stuff. i was just wondering who makes the stage 2 cam becasue i wanna get one, and were can i purchase one and how much are they. thanks for the help and good job racin
    Last edited by tayz34; 06-30-2002 at 10:46 AM.

Originally posted by JhallettEX
    Ex'r if you want to keep up man you better be spending some money with Dusty and Kolby otherwise your guna be breathin alot of dust. j/k
    Hey I'm all for spending money for toys , if you want to help the cause you can help me convince my wife of my need...

I went on a quick ride yesterday, and I am quite impressed w/ the HC2. The bottom end feels about the same (it was always powerful), and the mid & top pull a lot harder now. It also revs tons quicker. I can't wait to take it to the dunes. I think my jetting is pretty close (42pj, 175 main, don't remember where my needle is). This week I will do a little more "tweaking" w/ the jetting.
    03 Predator w/ TrailTech X-bars & clamp, WB slip-on, custom K&N intake, Edelbrock carb

06 Raptor, Houser +2 A-arms, LSR +4 axle, FMF PowerBomb Header w/ Two Bros slip on, ProDesign K&N intake kit, TrailTech X-bars, clamp & Vapor computer, PC III USB

dang 465's always pass'n people
    60rwhp monsta!!!!!

note: not just a plain sparks 465

mods : je 92mm piston 13:1 comp modded by sparks ,sparks custom sleeve *not stroked* ,hot rod , fcr 39 carb with alcohol,titanium retainers, valves, sparks cam, ported and polished with a flow meter, lrd big bore exhaust ,sparks heavy duty cam chain, trued and welded crank (shaved down incase i decide to stroke to well over 500cc ), lightned flywheel, hardened rockers , hinson clutch crap,kevlar disks,motors been polished. i have other engine stuff as well and the frame is floresent yellow with majer racin plastic custom painted midnight blue, battery was moved to front , street tires *grooved* ,18in turf tamers, dg alloy nerfs,cascade block off, no front brakes,one custom head light , i owned 2 other kits a 416, and a 440 the 440 snapped a rod in half, and came out the case causin me to buy new cases.....not bad for bein 17

-banshee
    -1989 250r with a cr500

Tays give Kolby a call at C&D Racing he will hook ya up with a great deal on a HotCams stage 2. Tell him I sent ya. 308-696-7805
    C&D Racing, 308-696-7805

SOLD ---------- SOLD

C&D Racing, 308-696-7805