Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: cannondale/suzuki

cannondale/suzuki

My $0.02

Suzuki is giving us what Cannondale tried to ( and did a pretty damn good job at) give us a couple of years ago, for almost half the price, You can literally buy a dirtbike straight off of the showroom floor and take it to the track and be competitive. You can practically do the same with the LTR, with the exception of ners & a tether switch. I am a firm believer in the fact that racing is %90 rider, %10 machine (within reason). The new LTR is going to "level the playing field" somewhat. The addition of the new stock class at the nationals is the best thing that could be happening to the sport right now. There is no reason to have to buy aftermarket a-arms , axles , swingarms anymore. The only reason that everyone has been running this stuff for the past 20 years is because you HAD to , to be competitive. Hopefully those days are over. Racing needs to be more affordable to the average joe, and the new ltr is going to lighten the financial load quite significantly. Way to go Suzuki.

Word Yo....lol..... I agree
    White 06' LTR450....sold
    '08 LTR450 getting revamped.....

I'm not sure about the axle yet.

They have a high-tensile steel frame (very nice), so they probably have a good axle too. All the others have mild steel axles. Let's hope Suzuki is smarter.
    Brandon -O||||O-
    1998 Honda TRX300EX (330)

I wondered about the axle too....but surely with 3 years of R&D they put a good unit in...surely...
    05 Honda TRX450R (Mine)
    04 Kawasaki KFX700 (Guests)
    05 Polaris Predator 90 (Kids)
    06 LT-R450 (Wife's new ride)

RockinHorseWeb...TRX How To Guides!

yeah, i think with 3 yrs of R&D suzuki wouldn't wait that long just to come in second place to the competition. and as far as the efi goes this technology is not new they have had this on the gsxr's for a while and i believe they have always had strong engines and the ltr won't be any different. you watch yamaha and honda won't be to far behind with their own efi racers!
    2k3 Z450, gtthunder stroker 450, 40mm fcr, hotcams, port & polished, ti FMF full exhaust, dyna ignition, gussetted frame, hardcore hubs, lonestar stem, janssen arms & swinger, elka's all around and linkage, mxr4's and itp beadlocks, fullbore plastic, ......only thing stock are the brake calipers

2k6 ltr450 -ac bumper and propegs, cherry bomb, full yoshi

I am not aware of this stock class you're speaking of HSR. Did I miss something?
    Nobody trains for 2nd place.

Originally posted by bwamos
    I'm not sure about the axle yet.

They have a high-tensile steel frame (very nice), so they probably have a good axle too. All the others have mild steel axles. Let's hope Suzuki is smarter.
    When Doug was testing in Japan, they tested the axle strength. He bent the rims but not the axle.

Originally posted by ThumPIN_450R
    I am not aware of this stock class you're speaking of HSR. Did I miss something?
    Doug and Jeramia will run stock ltrs in the new STOCK class.
    Prescott racing 911-06 R w/HRC Houser+2s LSR axel & GT Thunder(o5). Jay30+A,6th-OPEN-A,5th Ty PROD90,8th Dyl 50lim,10th NEATV-MX sponcers,RER--MAIER--NAC'S-ELKA-SCOTT-SIGN TECH-EAST COAST CUSTOMS

Originally posted by Cindi
    When Doug was testing in Japan, they tested the axle strength. He bent the rims but not the axle.
    Well if doug didn't bend the axle, then were in good shape. Must be High Tensile like the frame. Great news. My stock 300ex axle had about as much tensile strength as warm butter, lol.
    Brandon -O||||O-
    1998 Honda TRX300EX (330)

this is what i think.sure u can take it out and itll be 50" ec but u really think that people who can will leave it stock?thats part of the sport is hoping them up.and i know some people wont be able to go right out and buy all the aftermarket parts off the bat, but i think slowly but surely they buy some shocks here,ams there u know.im kind of sceptical of the suzuki because i dont really like what i see about them.not attractive to me.i have never rode one of course but im sure ill be racing a few this next season so we'll see if suzuki is really trying to do what c dales did or if they fall short

kyle
    houser,axis,walsh, hiper Cannondale 468 PARTED OUT!

family:
    02 cannibal champion motorsports rebuilt crank and new piston $SELL
    03 cannibal champion motorsports rebuilt crank and new piston $SELL
    03 cannibal falicon and wiseco
    03 speed falicon and wiseco
    03 blaze turning into moto with falicon and wiseco
    ^all being rebuilt slowly but surely by Scott at CHAMPION

R.I.P. Ashlie "Gina" Wyderka March 8, 1986 - July 4, 2004

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast