Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lonestar Axle Carrier vs. Stock?

Question Lonestar Axle Carrier vs. Stock?

I just finished removing my bearings on my 400Ex. They were toast and the carrier is not in too good of shape either. My question is does anybody have the Lonestar carrier and do they like it? The Lonestar has twin row bearings compared to the single row in the stock. So far I've found them for around $200. They also make a cast aluminum version for a little less.

2000 400EX: Renthals, Razr's all arouond, XR400 cam,Pro Circuit Slip On, Works triples, AC Stadium bumper, Pro Design Kill Switch, Shaved fenders, FLY Clutch perch,

I recently smoked the stock carrier myself and was stuck with the same dilemma. I ended up getting a Burgard billet carrier brand new from ebay for $120, pretty good price if you ask me. Looks exactly like the LSR racing unit and the quality is simply top notch. Izzy Burgard of Burgard Racing must not have his own site and just sells what he can get them for on Ebay.

Here is an auction for the identical unit which expires on 9/30
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/aw-cg...750392&r=0&t=0
    2003 Walsh MX Cannondale
    2002 MX Cannondale
    2002 XC Cannondale
    1986 Honda ATC250R - Bone Stock
    1985 Honda ATC250SX - Bone Stock
    2000 Custom Softail..230 rear tire+96 inches of S&S =

I have the lone star carrier. I beleive it is the only one that is greaseable. You just have to tear it down every once in a while to grease it up and it will work fine. I would recomend it.
    2002 KTM 400 EXC, this bike is awsome!

Quads I use to own:
    FDO 463ex, Gas Gas 300, Gas Gas 450, Rancher, Yamaha Warrior, ATC Big Red.

If you can't afford to fix it or replace it, don't ask to ride it!

The Burgard unit is greasable as well
    2003 Walsh MX Cannondale
    2002 MX Cannondale
    2002 XC Cannondale
    1986 Honda ATC250R - Bone Stock
    1985 Honda ATC250SX - Bone Stock
    2000 Custom Softail..230 rear tire+96 inches of S&S =

Speedracingproducts.com also sells carriers,,,with grease zirks,,,good qualitiy products and always have everything in stock. that's what I'll be going with..

Thanks for the posts guys.

Another question. Should I go with the tapered or dual row? Is the tapered worth spending the extra cash?

I use to know the difference between the 2,,,one of them will were out faster the more hard riding you do with side to side turning,,,were the axle puts more stress on the outer parts of the carrier,,,now ya got me thinkin. I'll email speed racing and find out..

tapered bearing carriers last longer because they are able to take a side load instead of regular bearings. more expensive too
    fo hundred with stuff on it
    Sponsored by: Motoman440 and K2-Dawg
    Thanks for the help Pappy!
    "I have morals and feelings like everyone else, I just keep forgetting them."

I heard the tapered make it harder to tighten your change. I think the dual row r better and cheaper than tapered
    05 450R All the good stuff...

Originally posted by Tacostrk
    tapered bearing carriers last longer because they are able to take a side load instead of regular bearings. more expensive too
    Exactly,,,I knew one of them could carry side loads longer and better just didn't know which one...have to remember,,,ya get what ya pay fer..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast