Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How do I make my Predator FASTER?

How do I make my Predator FASTER?

I was just wondering if anybody has any suggestions on what i can do to make my 2004 polaris predator faster it is stock right know but i am hoping to chacnge that !!

Please right back with any suggestions that you have!!

Thanks,
    Predatorman

Buddy of mine sent his carb to Nickalous (sp?) Cycle. I think they pretty much put a fancy port and polish on the carb. All I know is he swears by this mod and I think it was fairly cheap also.
    1989 trx250r-few mods
    1998 500 scrambler-wifes
    2007 Kymco 250 Mongoose-mydaughter
    2007 250ex-my boys
    1986 ATC250r Project

$$$$$

well if you want the truth alot of $$, well depends what you want

you want faster drags or faster on the trail?

1.) suspension upgrade....

2.) pipe, jetting

3.) airbox mod

4.) carb work nicholas cycle

www.nicholascycle.com

they have alot of mods you can do i haven't done the carb mod yet but i will in the near future.

i race xc and i have hmf slip on ceramic coated stock header. and elka quadrate rezzies front and dual rate remote rear and wow that makes a difference
    05 TLD Pred. SOLD!
    http://www.erichall213.com/

*****banned125.com check it out!
    www.bannedatatvnews.com
    www.iatvhss.com

Sell it and get something else!!!!! JUST KIDDING!!!!! Call Rath Racing. He'll put you on track.

yeah i forgot about them,,,oops

Rath has some good products out there also.. check there website out

www.rathracing.com
    05 TLD Pred. SOLD!
    http://www.erichall213.com/

*****banned125.com check it out!
    www.bannedatatvnews.com
    www.iatvhss.com

Hey thanks for all of the info

The thing that I am trying to set it up for is sometihing that I can ride around my house from farm to farm and bet all of my buddies and then something I can take up to the Dunes and stay with everyone up there too

I think I want to keep all of my suspension and that kind of stuff the same and just do work to it to make it go faster on top end!!

Predatorman

Get an HPD head. www.hpd-inc.com A friend of mine bought the head with +3mm intake valves and I believe +2mm exhaust valves. Comes with full port and polish, cams, springs, shims etc. This will make your quad fly!! Check into that. If you were to buy a new carb to go with the head you are looking at an easy 45hp.
    2009 YFZ450R
    Baldwin, DID, DP, Houser, JB, Maxxis, PD, PCV, PEP, LSR, Rath, RPM, Sparks, SSI, SunStar, Works Connection

Special thanks to Baldwin Motorsports, PEP, SSI Decals, & my checkbook!!

if its still all stock just get a rath racing header and pipe and k&n filter and rejet and go from there if your still not happy. but that will add 5 to 6 hp by itself

do something with the intake!! put a clamp on K@N from denniskirk.com, or get a k@n that bolts on to the boot on www.rathracing.com

the predators intake is horrible ( trust me, i own one) rather than that consider buying a pipe. if you want low end torque and are tight on cash, get yourself an HMF sport series pipe. you can get one on www.motosport.com for around $215 for slip on. my brother put one on his raptor350 and my friend tim put one on his 400ex. when jetted properly, you can see a hefty increase on HP and torque in the low end!

the other thing you can do is get a good set of meats. if you dont mind a little bit of weight, by all means buy the ITP HD's. trust me, my friends run razrs, razr2s, mxr4, kend klaws, and the list goes on. the ITP HD's hold up the best and are ideal for rougher GNCC style riding. (not to say those tires arent bad, or that the HD's are the best for everything, im just saying for longevity, durabillity, and traction in the dirty stuff, they are amazing)

hope this helps boss!

all of your guys ideas are great but he wants more top end SPEED... the only way to gain more speed on your top end is to re-gear it or get a hi-rev ignition.... all of the other mods will just help it top out faster but without higher gearing or a higher rev limiter it will still top out at the exact same speed as before no faster....

so the cheapest way to get more speed would be to regear your predator a little bit higher... then next step for more speed is a new ignition....

simple mods to help you top out faster without going in the engine would be:
    set up your suspension(helps with take off)
    pipe
    intake
    carb
    NOS

if you want to dig into it:
    head mods(port and polish, bigger valves, 5 angle valve job, stiffer valve springs, different cams)
    big bore kit

the 2 best places to look for mods would be
    1. www.hpd-inc.com
    2.www.nicholascycle.com

hope that helps you out

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast