Thread: 400ex wiseco hotrod

400ex wiseco hotrod

Is there anyone running a wiseco hotrod, or a stock crank with a hotrod rod, that is also running something other than a wiseco piston. I was looking at their website and it says that the hotrod crank/rod can only be used with a wiseco piston. This doesn't make sense to me. If a wiseco piston can be used on a stock crank/rod than why can't a stock or other aftermarket piston be used on a hotrod crank/rod.
    2002 400ex

on the regular stroke crank with a hotrod any piston will work. Wiseco was stated for marketing.. Now with the stroker crank you must use the CP piston designed for that as they have shortened the rod and changed the pin position for this application.
    C&D Racing, the official sponsor of ATVriders.com and your #1 aftermarket and OEM parts shop! 402-614-2508

1st place +30 2010 IATVHSS
    #28 IATVHSS 09 Polaris 525S and 525IRS
    1st Place Industry Class 2008 Heartland Challenge
    1st Place Industry Class 2007 Maxxis 12 hrs
    www.cdracingonline.com
    check out the products we carry http://www.cdracingonline.com/sell.html

I knew about the stoker crank and needing the stroker piston with it. But, I want to be absolutely positive with this, I can use a wiseco hotrod "stock stroke" crank with a JE Piston. Correct?

I had to ask because it doesn't make sense that a wiseco piston would fit on a stock crank/rod, but a nonwiseco piston won't fit on a wiseco crank/rod.
    2002 400ex

I can use a wiseco hotrod "stock stroke" crank with a JE Piston. Correct?

Yes you can...
    C&D Racing, the official sponsor of ATVriders.com and your #1 aftermarket and OEM parts shop! 402-614-2508

1st place +30 2010 IATVHSS
    #28 IATVHSS 09 Polaris 525S and 525IRS
    1st Place Industry Class 2008 Heartland Challenge
    1st Place Industry Class 2007 Maxxis 12 hrs
    www.cdracingonline.com
    check out the products we carry http://www.cdracingonline.com/sell.html

Originally posted by Colby@C&DRacing
    on the regular stroke crank with a hotrod any piston will work. Wiseco was stated for marketing.. Now with the stroker crank you must use the CP piston designed for that as they have shortened the rod and changed the pin position for this application.
    yes you can use any piston with teh stock stroke crank and ANY STROKER piston with the stroker crank, it does not have to be the CP as long as it is made for the extended stroke. a buddy of mine has a +4 stroke with a JE stroker piston.
    Tyler Jones

2000 426EX, 11:1 wiseco, hot cams stage 3 "stroker" cam, Ported head done by Dr. G, FCR 41, Hot rods crank, running no base gasket, 1 layer of 3 layer head gasket, Klotz 113 race fuel Feather carbon smoothie hood, works tripples w/ressies, Black HMF slip on, AC pro peg nerfs, Azonic fat bars, burgaurd +1 1/4" swinger, Lonestar +1 stem, douglas yellow label front wheels, Pro Armor front bumper, + some others goodies

AIM: Fourtrax426

Holeshot Motorsports Wilder, KY
    for all aftermarket parts

same question

i noticed that also when rebuilding my engine. ordered the hot rod crank and rod assembly. then noticed the asterick next to the crank which indicates wiseco piston only. so i got a wiseco piston and a je. the mic.ed the same. needless to say i am running the je piston on the stock stroke crank and rod from wiseco.
    a 02 426 ex 13:5:1 je piston port and polish, hotrod crank and hd rod, 44mm lectron on nitro/alcohol, lightened flywheel, air box eliminator, 5" over swing arm,shaw shocks .