Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: how will the crf 450 quads hang against this yamaha power plant?

how will the crf 450 quads hang against this yamaha power plant?

i dont know any details except it only has 4 gears for weight reduction..........its a yzf 450
    Attached Images Attached Images
    03 banshee...04 YFZ 450

4 gears thats weird.....

Just ask Tim Farr.......
    kc

450! WHOO HOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! the 426 had more power than the crf 450 and now the 426 is bumped to 450....c ya later honda!!!

i want that motor in my quad.
    Dustin Hofert #17

riding pics

The WR 450 has electric start. That will make it real popular, or convert a YZF450 motor to electric.
    04' 450R w/ stuff

oooof, that's nice. The only thing I can say about only running 4 gears is you've got to remember that dirtbikes come from the factory more "purpose built" than our quads. These bikes are made for MX racing and as such use 5th gear very little. I don't know about you but I don't know if I've ever been on a track where I can pin 5th gear.
    2013 KTM 300XC

I agree. I can see only 4 gears for racing, but for the riding most of us do, I don't think 4 gears is such a great idea. Although, the old powerglide transmissions for cars never got any complaints.

Marysville, OH Northern Cambria, PA (hometown)
    i would still take the honda cr450f... i think its a better machine but what the :devil do i know haha...

i don't like the 4th gear idea bc its just like a cr and yz 125 compared to a kx or rm... the cr and yz have 5 gears and the rm and kx have 6 gear... its much easier and more forgiving if u ride the 6 gears bc it will rev faster... its much easier to bog the 5 speed if u mess up... u also have to fan the clutch more on the 5 speed then the 6...

i think a ktm 520 is 3 or 4 gears i can't remember anymore... one of them is 3 gears i dunno what model though... it mayb the sx?

i know u all are goin to call me crazy but i am in 5th gear alot! most tracks here have long straights and when i am trail riding i am always in 5th gear tryin to grab another... mayb it just the type of riding here though...
    2009 Cbr600RR Phoenix

WE ARE PENN STATE!!!!!!

yah but its a 4 stroke so it makes power all over so they don't need tighter gears so that they can constantly be in the 'meat' of the power band. Compare a blasters transmission to a 400ex transmission each gear is like how fast you wanna go and when you nail the gas you only go a little bit faster because the motor is wrapping out. I bet the thing still tops out close to or faster than 70mph.
    Dustin Hofert #17

riding pics

I wouldnt worry about the 4th gear thing guys. Remember Yamaha is making this bike. They dont have there heads up there asses. Yamaha knows what there doing when its comes to 2 wheel machines. This machine will send honda back to the drawning boards!

The bike even has a autodecompression. That will make the thing start as easy as your old ladys vacum.

I want this engine in a quad.

matt
    88'/02' FastWay250r long gone

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast