Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 240 Blaster vs. 400ex.

240 Blaster vs. 400ex.

My cousin has a blaster and he's thinking about getting it bored to a 240. I have a feeling he'll be outrunning me. What do you think?
    -Kevin-
    GNCC #444
    2013 Junior B Champion

Thanks to my 2014 sponsors:

Lexington Motorsports, MSR, Schaeffer's Racing Oil, WKC Powersports, GT Thunder, Wiseco Pistons, Precision, Spy Optics, Spider Grips, Panda's Powdercoating, Roll Design, IMS, Blingstar

does he have anything else done to it? or is he just gonna bore it out and other than that its a stock quad? or does he have pipe, reeds, filter, proper jetting, and all the other stuff/
    Dustin Hofert #17

riding pics

I don't think so.

The stock 400ex I think is faster than a stock 250r. And hes just gonna have a 240 blaster.

Maybe I'm just being bias cause its a lil blaster. Possible if he had v-force valves, a larger carb, porting, a Vito piston, and the head milled. but I don't know thats askin alot out of a blaster.
    440, Ross 11.5:1 piston, Web cam 479 grind, race port & polish, oversized valves, hardened rockers, CRF450 cam chain, 39mm FCR carb, lightened Flywheel, Stock clutch, WB CDI box, K&N filter , WhiteBrothers E-Series full exhaust, Sidewinder Chain, 15/36 gearing, open airbox, LSR Axcaliber +3.5 axle, Houser Racing +2 a-arms, Elka triple rate, fully adjustable front shocks, +1.25 Houser swingarm, Tag Metals X5 bars, Arens +1 steering stem, Muscle steering dampener, Stainless Steel brakelines, HeatSeeker temp. guage, Pro Design kill switch, DG Pro Series nerfs, 8 run Hauler paddles. ~~http://www.sounddomain.com/id/trick440ex~~

Definitly, I'm not just saying this because I have a Blaster either, but it's a proven fact. My Blaster with an FMF Gold Series Fatty Pipe, Powercore II Silencer, Boyeson Power Reeds, Wiseco piston, UNI Filter, airbox mods, etc. already has out-run a few slightly modified 400ex's. I just got my motor back from a new company called Hollywood Dirt Productions. They bored it .20 over, shaved the head, port & polish, and gave it a carb rifle, I will definitly stay ahead of most 400ex's with these mods. Although... a Blaster will never have the low-end and handling of a 400ex. -s0

I think he is also gonna get a Fatty Pipe for it (I think FMF or something makes it) and a k&n filter. All I know is stock vs. stock I win but there is no way I can leave him. I get him through every gear but not by much at all.
    -Kevin-
    GNCC #444
    2013 Junior B Champion

Thanks to my 2014 sponsors:

Lexington Motorsports, MSR, Schaeffer's Racing Oil, WKC Powersports, GT Thunder, Wiseco Pistons, Precision, Spy Optics, Spider Grips, Panda's Powdercoating, Roll Design, IMS, Blingstar

a stock 250r will walk all over a stock 400ex
    03 arens/lrd/tcs 262r

Originally posted by nakomis0
    I don't think so.

The stock 400ex I think is faster than a stock 250r. And hes just gonna have a 240 blaster.

Maybe I'm just being bias cause its a lil blaster. Possible if he had v-force valves, a larger carb, porting, a Vito piston, and the head milled. but I don't know thats askin alot out of a blaster.
    a stock 250r does around 72 mph. a stock 400ex does 60mph
    stock vs. stock a 250r will EAT a 400ex!

a stock 400ex definitely goes faster than 60mph and a stock 250r does not go 72mph and if a 400ex does by some minute chance go 60mph I know it could pull another gear if it had one. And its stupid to compare which motor is better by its top speed anyways. I think it would take a lot of motor mods to make a blaster beat a 400ex mainly because it has to more than double its horsepower just for the top end hit and the gears are really close together and could probably only top out at 60max unless you put wider gears in the transmission or change the sprockets which just makes all the gears taller.
    Dustin Hofert #17

riding pics

i dont know about stock but my piped 250r hit 74.8 mph in the 1/4 mile with stock gearing and original tires. i have the 86 which has the higher 5th and 6th gear though. i think a stock 400 is around 64-65. i think a 240 blaster has a very good chance of beating the 400 if he gets a pipe also. he wont beat u on top speed but he will beat u up to his top speed. even if the 400 has more hp than the blaster u need to remember nausty that it has a very quick shifting, close gear ratio transmission, plus its alot lighter than the 400ex. i remember the days when i wanted to put a 240 kit on my old blaster.... but then i said screw that ill just buy a 250r. now when i ride my old blaster i realize just how big of a turd it was. one day in the future if honda comes out with a 450ex or yamaha comes out with something fast and dependible i might switch to a high tech 4 stroke but i will never get rid of the R i have become way to attached to this thing to ever let go.
    03 arens/lrd/tcs 262r

lol I dunno if I wanna sell the yz80 and a guy is wanting to buy it. I think i'm kinda attached to it also I lived in a apartment during the week for my dads work and the first thing I would see when i woke up was my yz80 in front of me and when i went to sleep it was the last thing I saw. I would take out a chair and just sit there and stair at it and look it over and clean it and give it a little love tap before I went to bed.
    Dustin Hofert #17

riding pics

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast