Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: help a.s.a.p

McDowell WV, 5 min, away from Va,and about 1 hour away from bluefield

help a.s.a.p

Hey yall, Im the fan guy. I was wondering about my 300ex. I am selling it today. I was wondering why it wont start. I have uni filter and cobra pipe and its not jetted. The guy is comming today to pick it up actually in about 5 hrs. It is about 75 degrees out and it still wont start. I tryed choking it and even push starting it. No hope. Please help or at least give me a reasonable excuse to give to the guy. He has already drove it and it was at night and it started. Please help me get rid of this piece of *****.

Have you dicked with the carb at all?
    2002 "Yella" 400 EX

Yamaha Makes Pianos...Honda Makes Quads

Check to see if it has spark.

After that check to see if it has fuel. not just in the gas tank but in the carb, crack the bolt open at the bottom of the carb. see if fuel runs out.
    440, Ross 11.5:1 piston, Web cam 479 grind, race port & polish, oversized valves, hardened rockers, CRF450 cam chain, 39mm FCR carb, lightened Flywheel, Stock clutch, WB CDI box, K&N filter , WhiteBrothers E-Series full exhaust, Sidewinder Chain, 15/36 gearing, open airbox, LSR Axcaliber +3.5 axle, Houser Racing +2 a-arms, Elka triple rate, fully adjustable front shocks, +1.25 Houser swingarm, Tag Metals X5 bars, Arens +1 steering stem, Muscle steering dampener, Stainless Steel brakelines, HeatSeeker temp. guage, Pro Design kill switch, DG Pro Series nerfs, 8 run Hauler paddles. ~~http://www.sounddomain.com/id/trick440ex~~

spark plug?

Originally posted by honda 400ex 69
    spark plug?
    That would be the first thing to check..

tell em you think it has bad gas in it.
    440, Ross 11.5:1 piston, Web cam 479 grind, race port & polish, oversized valves, hardened rockers, CRF450 cam chain, 39mm FCR carb, lightened Flywheel, Stock clutch, WB CDI box, K&N filter , WhiteBrothers E-Series full exhaust, Sidewinder Chain, 15/36 gearing, open airbox, LSR Axcaliber +3.5 axle, Houser Racing +2 a-arms, Elka triple rate, fully adjustable front shocks, +1.25 Houser swingarm, Tag Metals X5 bars, Arens +1 steering stem, Muscle steering dampener, Stainless Steel brakelines, HeatSeeker temp. guage, Pro Design kill switch, DG Pro Series nerfs, 8 run Hauler paddles. ~~http://www.sounddomain.com/id/trick440ex~~

one time i had mine started for bout 5 minutes then it stopped and i went out and got a new spark plug and was gettin worries that something had happened to it, then when i took the boot off the spark plug i looked up and the gas was off
    the meaning of this story is to make sure your gas is on!

yep my guess is the plug. this winter my quad didnt want to start in the cold so i tryed and tryed. after about an hour of kicking it i said screw this and my freind had said somehting about a spark plug the day before and i said no thats not it. but sure enough when i went and got another one it fired right up. so id check the plug if i were you.
    1987 250X

[color=light blue]
    FST 288 kit 11:1 piston
    Maier race plastic all the way around w/ add on's (white)
    Procircuit T-4 W/ WB Header
    Custom H.I.D. lights in the frame
    K&N filter
    Durablue Eliminator +4 axle
    EXR Reverse Modification
    No Decompressor
    Lemans Pro-Series Tether Kill Switch
    ported carb w/ choke removed
    Custom aluminum air scoops For Sale!!
    DG Brake Rotors on Front and Back
    14 Tooth Front Sprocket
    Chrome DG bumper
    LSR E-brake block off plate
    MSR Raptor clutch lever and perch
    red label rims W/18x9.5 in. scorpions
    21 in Kenda Max A/T's up front
    Tag X-5 bars
    Durablue dual row bearing carrier
    [/color]

McDowell WV, 5 min, away from Va,and about 1 hour away from bluefield
    I have checked the gas and its on. Im glad you think its the plug I have another here that a friend gave to me. Oh man thanx for all the help is this just because you fell sorry for me cuz of sll the flammin about the fan??? (j/k)

Ok the gas is on,,how much is in it??? Put it on reserve and try it..sometimes it looks like there's enough in there,,but that ain't always the case.. IS the run switch in the off position?? Not trying to be a smartarse,,but I troubleshoot stuff all the time for a living,,and normally the easiest problem is the fix..

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast