Thread: Read First Before Buying And Selling

Read First Before Buying And Selling

ATTENTION ALL BUYERS:

Due to the abundance of mail fraud, I urge all of you to gather as much information about a seller before sending payment on an item. Information such as:
    • Company Name
    • Person’s Name and Title
    • Address
    • City
    • County
    • State
    • ZIP Code
    • Country
    • Home Phone No. (Include Area Code)
    • Cell Phone No. (Include Area Code)
    • Work Phone No. (Include Area Code) &
    should all be readily available upon request. If they are hesitant to offer any information I urge you all to NOT BUY no matter how good of a deal they are offering. Also, if you have any doubt in them telling the truth, I advise you to “test” their information. A call to the person’s place of work on their work phone # and a simple “May I talk with ‘Joe Smith’ ” will ensure they provided accurate information. Also, if they are under the age of 18, I recommend speaking to their parents about the deal at hand. This is not meant to disrespect honorable teenagers, but the problem seems to be isolated to those 18 and under.

ALSO, if this is not obvious to anyone else, keep track of your records. DO NOT pay for items to be shipped in cash. Get a certified check from the bank or a money order from the post office. KEEP ALL RECIEPTS AND CHECK STUBS. If the shipper is willing, have them ship your package COD (cash on deliver). Also, keep any e-mails or private messages could aid you in receiving reimbursement.

For anyone thinking of ripping off members of ATVRIDERS.com, I am attaching an online form to make the reporting of “Mail Fraud” easier. Mail Fraud is the FELONY that you are committing when you take payment for an item you do not send out.

REPORT MAIL FRAUD HERE:
    http://64.233.167.104/search?q=cache...e:www.usps.com

Hopefully with everyone’s help, we can make this classified section one where everyone feels safe buying and selling four wheeler parts and other miscellaneous items. If you are contemplating committing mail fraud, I suggest you Google the consequences of committing such a crime.
    2001 400ex
    2003 Argo Bigfoot

Good Post. I'm going to make this a sticky as well.
    Eric

- '00 400EX
    ...with some stuff.

Excellent post!
    Staff Photographer ATVRiders.com
    Senior Photographer ATVInsider
    Staff Photographer GNCC Racing/ATV MX
    Staff Photographer Vurboffroad
    Staff Photographer Cycle News

Good, informative post! I hope that everone reads this before buying!

Jimmy