Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Read First Before Buying And Selling

Read First Before Buying And Selling

ATTENTION ALL BUYERS:

Due to the abundance of mail fraud, I urge all of you to gather as much information about a seller before sending payment on an item. Information such as:
    • Company Name
    • Person’s Name and Title
    • Address
    • City
    • County
    • State
    • ZIP Code
    • Country
    • Home Phone No. (Include Area Code)
    • Cell Phone No. (Include Area Code)
    • Work Phone No. (Include Area Code) &
    should all be readily available upon request. If they are hesitant to offer any information I urge you all to NOT BUY no matter how good of a deal they are offering. Also, if you have any doubt in them telling the truth, I advise you to “test” their information. A call to the person’s place of work on their work phone # and a simple “May I talk with ‘Joe Smith’ ” will ensure they provided accurate information. Also, if they are under the age of 18, I recommend speaking to their parents about the deal at hand. This is not meant to disrespect honorable teenagers, but the problem seems to be isolated to those 18 and under.

ALSO, if this is not obvious to anyone else, keep track of your records. DO NOT pay for items to be shipped in cash. Get a certified check from the bank or a money order from the post office. KEEP ALL RECIEPTS AND CHECK STUBS. If the shipper is willing, have them ship your package COD (cash on deliver). Also, keep any e-mails or private messages could aid you in receiving reimbursement.

For anyone thinking of ripping off members of ATVRIDERS.com, I am attaching an online form to make the reporting of “Mail Fraud” easier. Mail Fraud is the FELONY that you are committing when you take payment for an item you do not send out.

REPORT MAIL FRAUD HERE:
    http://64.233.167.104/search?q=cache...e:www.usps.com

Hopefully with everyone’s help, we can make this classified section one where everyone feels safe buying and selling four wheeler parts and other miscellaneous items. If you are contemplating committing mail fraud, I suggest you Google the consequences of committing such a crime.
    2001 400ex
    2003 Argo Bigfoot

VERY good info boss.

look anyone that can pay with a credit card thru paypal...do it. that way if you don't get your stuff let paypal take care of it...if they don't then your credit card company definitely will.....fraud is getting way out of hand, and once again the actions off a few make people questioned the actions of everyone, even "us" honorable sellers and buyers.....

A moderator needs to sticky this in both selling and wanted sections. Good post!!!
    LONG LIVE THE 250R!!!!!!

AND YES IT IS STILL NO 1!!!!!

Tom

Yup this is in the trader feedback,i think this should be sticked in the classifieds.
    JOHN
    New Jersey Devils

2008 YFZ 450...my new money pit

Filthy Revengence Racing

C&D Racing
    B&K Performance

Click here to email me
    AIM Devilsfan12

Renagadecoupe screwed me! I sent him 90 bucks 6weeks ago. He sent me nothing. He said he sent the aarms, then said he sent the money back to me. ****in theif! Call him if you want his # is 706 581 4210. His address is 108 Santa Fe Trail
    Dalton, GA 30721
    His name is Phillip

Maybe if you call him he will payup.
    Thanks Travis Austin
    300ex
    port & polished head
    highrev box
    pro fire coil
    powdercoated frame
    K&N & pre-filter
    400ex Front a-arms
    400ex Front shocks
    DID Chain
    Shockwears
    Holeshot mxr4
    ITP wheels
    stock racecut fenders
    Factory Flex grip seat
    AC nerfs
    HMF
    Renthal sprockets
    Pro Taper

KX60(pit bike)

98% of the teenage population will try, does or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this into your signature

If you got all his information go get him bud. I can't take responsibility to get everyones money back but atleast now you know how to go about filing charges. It takes time but does work. Good luck.
    2001 400ex
    2003 Argo Bigfoot

2001 400ex
    2003 Argo Bigfoot

also you can file a complaint here: www.ifccfbi.gov- it also covers internet fraud
    2000 400ex,Laeger w/ elka long-travel,hipers,burgard,clarke,lrd,duncan,durablue,f asstco,cycra,insane powersports,k&n,TC racing,sparks-ect...
    2001,2002 Trx 400ex's
    2007 Trx 450er
    2008 Honda Trx 450er
    2002 Trx90
    Artic Cat DVX 50
    Sponsers-Me, Myself and I

Derek,

Thanks for the info.
    Wings won't take me
    Heights don't phase me
    So take a step- but don't look down
    Take a step

www.breezewoodprovinggrounds.com

Check out my post before you go to Chatsworth NJORVP http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthre...&pagenumber=28

06 YFZ-450

07 YFZ-450

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast