Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: swing arm

swing arm

I am wondering what is the best length for the raptor. i love to hill climb but i dont wont to long i was thinking somthing like +3 or +4.

Depends a lot on the hp your bike is putting out, suspension setup, type of terrain and tires you're going to run, and how well you want the bike to turn when it needs to.

+4 is pretty common but possibly a little much for a stock bike.

i ride mostly on trails, olds roads and i ride in ALOT of pits with hill climbs. i just dont wont it to be wheelie happy. it is putting out about 50 hp and i am running razer 2's all the way around. i would like it to turn half decent but i dont need it to turn as good as stock. also i still wont to be able to pull 4th gear wheelies if possible.

Well 4th gear wheelies are probably going to be out of the question with an extended swingarm, you cant have your cake and eat it too.

I'd suggest a +3, which should still give you the ability to bring the front end up when you really want to, but keep it planted when you dont. I've seen people running +4 on stock or piped bikes and it doesnt cut it. If you've got a new piston and cam in there go ahead and jump up to the +4.

what do u think about a +2 or +2 1/2 then. i realy like to hill climb and i wont to go as short as possible without the quad flipping.

go w/2.5 extended

what mods you got done to your engine
    Greg Watts
    GNCC
    IATVHSS #314
    OXC
    A Class
    2006 450ER/R
    2005 450R
    2011 Sponsors- BNR Motorsports, HiPer, PowerMadd, FW Carbon, Traxx Performance

it has a trinity pipe, no lid on air box and a k&n filter, and a cam

how do you like your trinity pipe? +2 is a good all around swingarm length for an raptor in my opinion. you can still turn, wheelie, but it will resist lifting the fronts off the ground quite a bit more. since you are doing a lot of different styles of riding, i would suggest a +2, and no longer than +4
    http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/tater_kamik/my_photos

http://www.myspace.com/tater_kamik

the pipe adds great power. i think i will go with a 2+, +2 1/2 or +3. thanks.

what about if i got a-arms that moved the wheels 1 inch forward, would a +1 be fine or sould i still go with the +2.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast