Thread: wat mods for woods racing on utility

wat mods for woods racing on utility

im thinkin about doin a little woods racing w/ my foreman 400 because it did pretty good at the halloween 100 at haspin acres. what kind of mods do u think would be good to get it better for woods raing? its got bear claws and a bash plate, exhaust, and an air filter.

Without spending alot of money:
    Drop all the weight you can, racks, lights, winch if equipped, switch to aluminum wheels if you do not have them, etc. Maybe some different bars for a sportier riding position (elbows out).

Make sure it is jetted right for you mods, brakes, trans, valves all serviced.

Other than that not alot you can do that you have not already done unless you want to spend alot of money by going into the engine or getting aftermarket shocks.

I forgot--not completely familiar with the 400 but if it is full time 4x4 get the switchable 2x4 and 4x4 from Warn. Not alot of money but will reduce steering effort and make it easier to slide the rear end--plus you still have 4x4 if you get stuck.

what year is your 400? mine was a 96 and a beast! get a nice exhaust so it growls while racing, and good luck if you race
    2008 Can Am DS450
    PRM Baja Bumper and Skid

2007 Honda Rincon 680
    Fuel Injected
    ITP Mudlites
    Hopefully some more goodies soon

1986 Honda ATC 250SX
    Knobby tires all-round
    otherwise.................... STOCK

mines a 97 and they are long lasting beasts. its got a big gn exhaust and a k+n filter. it handles like crap though because i think the shocks have had it.

mine could go through everything! it was the beast around my area
    2008 Can Am DS450
    PRM Baja Bumper and Skid

2007 Honda Rincon 680
    Fuel Injected
    ITP Mudlites
    Hopefully some more goodies soon

1986 Honda ATC 250SX
    Knobby tires all-round
    otherwise.................... STOCK

get aluminum beadlocks, bighorn radials from maxxis, big gun exhaust, uni air filter, and put elka shocks if your realy interested, and Flexx bars from Fasst co. and powermadd hand gaurds

check hmf exhaust to

penland brothers racing have products for utilities
    2006 450er Xc beast
    2004 400ex xc (forsale pm me for info)
    www.myspace.com/xcracer48
    *Cameron Rogers*
    www.csrracing.net
    CSR RACING
    2007 sponsors
    My Parents, Shamrock Honda,Rated X motorsports, Fasst co., MSR apparell, Sunoco race fuels, Bearden Oil Co., Cardio Stack, Scott goggles, ASV inventions, Kenda tires!!
    others still pending!

Smile

i think elka makes shocks if you want to replace the stiff stock shocks and removing the heavy racks will make it lighter and add some itp holeshot atr's and if you want something in the back for protection moose has a rear bumper.