Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 450r locked up

450r locked up

Well today i was racing in my first race But then the next thing u know i jumped and the other guy moved over while i was in the air.

I landing on his tire and nerf we got jammed together....so here comes the second moto im doing good 3rd place with a pretty good lead on the fourth place guy....next thing u kno my quad stalls and locks up.....so i torn it down tonight and i found out that my main bearing in my crankshaft froze or locked up.....i had oil in it and everything....Now my piston sleeve is knicked up pretty bad so i have to bore it out and get a bigger piston.

what would of caused that?

Any help?

-bob-

Aim-Bgarrison104
    450r
    Pro taper fat bars, Itp mxr 18 holeshots, Itp mxr front 19's with t9 rims, pro grips, E 2 white bros pipe, New top end, New plastics

man that sucks, how many hours do you think you have rode it before this happened? hopefully you got that honda extended warranty. i dont know what would cause that happen.
    03 Yellow EX
    Hotcam Stage 2
    K&N-mod air box
    White Bros CDI
    Renthal bars
    LRD Full System
    DynoJet Kit-165 main
    15/38 gearing
    air scoops
    AC aluminum front bumper
    AC racing nerf bars
    Works Triple Rates

What year is your quad?I have heard of some 05's doing this but it is usually within the first 10 hours.

Originally posted by wvspeedfreak
    What year is your quad?I have heard of some 05's doing this but it is usually within the first 10 hours.

I think it was within the first 10mins but i could be wrong?
    [b]
    Brian Casey

2001 416ex
    2002 416ex

96 12v built to the hilt and constantly broke

No way, my 45oR locked up today too!
    My motor has a lot of hours from motocross, trail riding, and duning though! Still makes me mad cause I was haulin *** today and let my brother's girfriend ride it for like 10min and that was it!
    2005 TRX450r, Dynatech CDI, Renthal Fat bars, MPH billet riser, K&N air filter, Quadtech hood, Rossier Pipe, Hot Cams Stage 2, ported/polished, Duncan Racing bumper, Duncan rear brake block off, Duncan Racing case saver, JD performance +2 LT a-arms, TCS shocks

home town, Poland NY College, Blairsville PA
    Originally posted by wvspeedfreak
    That was the first thing I thought of too. For some reson for the 05's honda used a cheaper crank berring, and I have hear of quite a few people having problems with them.
    Andy

WyoTech....

AIM; District3250rMX
    Yahoo; Gone_Snowboarding06

Ya that is weird cuz i have alot of motocross, trail riding and winter riding on my quad
    I also rebuilt this thing 3 times since i had it and yeah its an 05 so i dont have a clue 2 what did it.

Also before this happened i had 4 laps of practice on it and then i had like 1/2 lap the 1st moto and like 3 done on my 2nd moto and then it happen. It scratched my walls up badly and my piston so now i have to bore it out and get a new crank.
    450r
    Pro taper fat bars, Itp mxr 18 holeshots, Itp mxr front 19's with t9 rims, pro grips, E 2 white bros pipe, New top end, New plastics

I have a question now......Can i bore and stroke my quad?

And if i can does anyone kno a good site or someone to order that off of?
    450r

Originally posted by mx450r99
    Ya that is weird cuz i have alot of motocross, trail riding and winter riding on my quad
    I also rebuilt this thing 3 times since i had it and yeah its an 05 so i dont have a clue 2 what did it.

Also before this happened i had 4 laps of practice on it and then i had like 1/2 lap the 1st moto and like 3 done on my 2nd moto and then it happen. It scratched my walls up badly and my piston so now i have to bore it out and get a new crank.
    what do you run in this for lubrication ? dirty water ?

Originally posted by mx450r99
    I have a question now......Can i bore and stroke my quad?

And if i can does anyone kno a good site or someone to order that off of?

Have you looked at the falicon billet crankshaft yet?? NICE!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast