Page 11 of 41 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: HOW TO: 450R shocks on 400EX

Why would you want those stiff R shocks anyway they way to stiff for the R even at loest setting seema like a waste of time to me IMO.........?
    Ride fast or be Last

Originally posted by TWEP
    Why would you want those stiff R shocks anyway they way to stiff for the R even at loest setting seema like a waste of time to me IMO.........?
    ever hear of having them re-sprung and revalved
    Staff Photographer ATVRiders.com
    Senior Photographer ATVInsider
    Staff Photographer GNCC Racing/ATV MX
    Staff Photographer Vurboffroad
    Staff Photographer Cycle News

yea but wouldnt you be better off with A/M shocks ?? Stock Rs arnet tripple rated are they ? the springs i mean ? Seems the riders in GNCC had alot of trouble with 450r shocks in the past few years but then again i guess for the price of revalving might be a cheap fix not sure ??
    Ride fast or be Last

Originally posted by TWEP
    yea but wouldnt you be better off with A/M shocks ?? Stock Rs arnet tripple rated are they ? the springs i mean ? Seems the riders in GNCC had alot of trouble with 450r shocks in the past few years but then again i guess for the price of revalving might be a cheap fix not sure ??

A sponsored rider of ours finished 2nd in the stock class in the GNCC's(1st in his district) for 2006 with ZERO issues with his suspension as it came from Honda so I am not sure where you get your information relating to problems.

With rebuilds, your saving on average $500 on a front set of shocks, they are set up for your weight, converted to triple or dual rate depending on the builder, feature rebound and compression adjustment (an upgrade on most aftermarket shocks)

As far as performance, any rider b class or below will be hard pressed to tell a difference in performance unless you feel like comparing a $1600 set of front shocks to the stock rebuilds.

Our shocks are triple rate
    Attached Images Attached Images

WOW ! guess you set me straight fast and in a hurry......thats alright didnt know that info and thx for sharing it seems there is a cheaper way to than spending alot of money
    Ride fast or be Last

And my info comes from sponsered riders but then again they just buy the bike and send it off, and it comes back tricked out, then they just adjust to the track and or conditions
    Ride fast or be Last

I mean no offense was just saying is all
    Ride fast or be Last

HEY um .....Pappy you have a web site ? and you rebuild shocks.........PM me with some details if you dont mind I new to site...and looking for some hook ups since im racing again was racing when Barry Hawk started lol
    Ride fast or be Last

No, I do not rebuild shocks. I would suggest giving our site sponsor, C&D Racing a call and discussing any shock questions with them, or seeing your in the Carolina's, try Santo Derisi, another good friend of mine that does great work on shocks of all brands.

TY yes i know Santo.Cook and Borsch along with others and Thx again
    Ride fast or be Last

Page 11 of 41 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast