Thread: What to look for.......

What to look for.......

O.k i think i have made my mind pretty much up on a predator... they just seem to fit me better, power and size and price.... so im just wondering what to look for when buying a 04 or newer pred. any flaws in the past or signs of frame breakage.... i basically want to know what are they known for that breaks easy..... i have hurd the 03 had transmission issues so i just wanted to get some opinions.....

Thanks

Best place to ask that question would be predatorowners.com

The '04 were improved over '03 for sure. Not aware of any specific problems to look for. If you can find one, the '05 have more improvements as well (reverse, seat, etc.)

If I were looking I'd look for the '04 or '05.
    '05 XC/GNCC Predator 500, Hipers, I-Razrs

Play Hard - Live Hard - Ride Hard

The 04's are really pretty solid. The tranny and frame issues were cured, and the switched the rear hubs over to the honda bolt pattern(BIG plus). The front end is slightly plusher then the 03, but the rear is not as plush as the 03' from what I've heard/read. I would have no reservations buying a well maintained 04', and the 05's are the best of the bunch yet.

The 03's certainly aren't terrible by any means, but Polaris has just steadily improved on the model every year.
    Thanks to my 2010 sponsors/supporters:
    CV4
    BNR Motorsports
    GT Thunder
    Spider Grips
    Scott USA
    Powermadd

"I can do all things through Christ Jesus who strengthens me"

you have a PM
    2006 Suzuki LT-R450--Cherry Bomb, Rath Black Propegs, Rath black mx bumper/grab bar, Black T-9 Pro-Locks, FASST FLEXX bars, DASA exhaust, PC3, Elka Elites.....

checked it.......... whats some of the best mods for a predator? besides filter/pipe......... what should be one of my biggest priorities to letting the engine scream?
    R.I.P Rocky Moon #9

________HCB_________