Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 06 450r, 06 yfz450, or 06 tld pred can't decide

450R
    300ex's FOR SALE

YZF all the way. I love my pred bu the YZF beats it in every way.
    06 YFZ, Alba exhaust, K&N, nerfs, trailtech x-bars, trailtech torch lights, trailtech HID lights, ac full body skid plate, one industries graphics, TCS front shocks, TCS rear shock rebuild, Alba +2 a-arms, alba bumper, AC cooler rack. ITP C9 wheels, sandskate 1 paddles, GBC dune runner fronts, Precision stabilizer, Alba porting, cam mod

^^pretty much the pred is great for bigger buys. plus the TLD model comes stock with nice shocks, axle, and a beefy frame (so you dont need to invest that money into another quad)

for trails, the pred is a blast! hell, pretty much for anything the pred is freaking sweet. but, everything the pred can do for the most part, the 450's will be quicker at it. not necesarilly better, but quicker!

that is probably the best way to sum up the pred IMO
    ~2008 YFZ~
    Pro Armor, Houser, Maxxis, Streamline

#621 WNYOA Harescramble Series
    www.wnyoa.net

Sponsors: Steel MX, Weapon MX, WolffRacing

www.steelmx.com
    www.weaponmx.com

"the predator" said to get an 05 ? the changes in the 05 to 06 are like night and day, to suggest the 05 over 06 makes me wonder if you rode the 06. in stock form its as quick if not faster than the 05 with hrc. the pred. looks really cool better than my 450r but looks are not the base i use to pick mine. you cant go wrong with any of the mentioned quads but if it comes down to the 450r dont settle for the 05.
    2006 trx450r
    2006 yfz450
    2008 400ex
    1999 400ex
    2008 250ex
    2011 rzr S

Originally posted by ATV_Mo17
    Anyone see that the Predator beat the YFZ450 and TRX450 in the racing portion of the ********.com stock shootout at the Maxxis 12 Hour race last weekend? I heard the only thing Polaris did to the quad the whole race was a chain adjustment. Pretty solid if you ask me. I think I may hold off for the Outlaw though. I don't spend any time on the MX tracks.
    the pred came in last brosph

Originally posted by 450rhonda-dude
    last in point first in the race

Originally posted by 450rhonda-dude
    Yey it's funny how the Pred came in last in points, was raced by 450R and YFZ owners and riders and no Predator owners, yet won the race. Go figure.

does that mean 450r and yfz riders can ride better than pred riders ? i mean the pred riders lose but put a honda/yammy rider on them and they perform ?.....................
    ok ok dont burn me im just kidding. those predators are nice rides
    2006 trx450r
    2006 yfz450
    2008 400ex
    1999 400ex
    2008 250ex
    2011 rzr S

Not really bashing too much here fellas.....I agree with about everything said above.....but please remember some details from around where I live.....

Matt Nicholas got 1st in A class Motorcorss
    Anthony Head 2nd(I think) in B? class moto
    A guy got 3-5th in the iowa harescramble series in A class
    Daryl Rath is beginning to win more and more in TT racing
    Doug Nicholas is winning all of the local drags by a long shot
    Matt Smiley got 3rd? in GNCC racing.
    03' Predator, WB Pipe, Twin Air Clamp On, Nicholas Cycle Race Modified Carb, Niicholas Cycle Race Port and Flowed Head, Wiseco 12.5:1 piston, PMR Rear Bumper, HPD Front Bumper, Gunner Tether Cord, Rath Racing Vicous Pegs, Rath Racing headlight covers, Rath Chromoly Fender Brackets, HPD steering dampener, JetBlast air scoops, HPD triple rate springs, Fox rezzies, Lightened 30lbs, Lowered 2 Inches, 2-25 fin inline coolers.

Originally posted by Bradracer18
    Not really bashing too much here fellas.....I agree with about everything said above.....but please remember some details from around where I live.....

Matt Nicholas got 1st in A class Motorcorss
    Anthony Head 2nd(I think) in B? class moto
    A guy got 3-5th in the iowa harescramble series in A class
    Daryl Rath is beginning to win more and more in TT racing
    Doug Nicholas is winning all of the local drags by a long shot
    Matt Smiley got 3rd? in GNCC racing.
    i agree with you man, however, All the Nicholas sponsored preds are FAR AWAY from stock! they do so much to the engine,(574, 600 ported and polished) it is unbeliavable. i heard one of their sponsored riders slimmed down a pred to 350lbs!!! that is absolutely insane!
    ~2008 YFZ~
    Pro Armor, Houser, Maxxis, Streamline

#621 WNYOA Harescramble Series
    www.wnyoa.net

Sponsors: Steel MX, Weapon MX, WolffRacing

www.steelmx.com
    www.weaponmx.com

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast