Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 06 450r, 06 yfz450, or 06 tld pred can't decide

06 450r, 06 yfz450, or 06 tld pred can't decide

I'm looking for a new quad. i had a banshee, and 400ex. i'm looking to upgrade to a new sport quad. i race on the weekends and i'm going to start to race gncc next yr. i still do alot of trail riding. I'm not sure what quad i want to get.

i'm about 6 ft 150bls

outlaw!

honestly don't let anyone else decide what you should buy. they're not gonna pay for it, pay on it, or buy it if you don't like it.
    ride all 3 and make your own decision.

Anyone got the outlaw yet and tested that badboy ???? i wanna see how it performs.
    "Syrus The Virus"

2003 Honda Rubicon (red)
    2002 Honda 450es (yellow)
    2002 Oryx t-line equipe 125
    2004 FreeAgent Team Limo (Custom)
    2002 400ex
    Many many dirtbikes... to many..

2001 250ex - SOLD

Originally posted by citizennobody
    ...dont drink and surf...

i'm not able to ride all three. i want a axle. i kinda don't want the a outlaw they looking alsome though. i'm just looking for some advise to help me decide.

I like my Pred a lot....

I owned an 03' and when it came time to buy, yet, another one...I looked at the 450's and thought it through.

Here's is what I realized. The 450's are more money. Have, IMO, horrible wheels and tires (eye soars), short weak axles, little to no fender protection, and small. So, I would have to spend, yep, more money to make them half the quad my 03 was...literally.

So, I bought an 05' Predator....premium wheels and tires, STRONG axle (life time warrenty) 47.5" long, plenty of fender protection, and it doesn't feel like I am riding a 50.

Reverse is a huge plus if you are racing GNCC....

Mine is far from stock anymore....but, I still wouldn't trade a stock Predator for anything!
    Like to thank those that gave me the ability to think for myself and have a sense of individuality.

yfz dammit.

[QUOTE]Originally posted by MAaudioX10
    [B]I like my Pred a lot....

I owned an 03' and when it came time to buy, yet, another one...I looked at the 450's and thought it through.

Here's is what I realized. The 450's are more money. Have, IMO, horrible wheels and tires (eye soars), short weak axles, little to no fender protection, and small. So, I would have to spend, yep, more money to make them half the quad my 03 was...literally.

That to me is a very bias opinion! The 450's are faster than a predator, I have had no problems with the stock axle, the tires are meant for trail riding not racing so you do get roll in the corners, as far as fender protection no problems either if you don't want to get dirty by a 4X4. I would say ride each of them and decide, I can say from riding them all myself the pred would be last on my list unless I did strictly slow trail riding!
    04 450r, DRG powerplant! 2 much 2 list don't be scared

[QUOTE]Originally posted by MR.BIG
    [B]
    Originally posted by MAaudioX10
    I like my Pred a lot....

That to me is a very bias opinion! The 450's are faster than a predator, I have had no problems with the stock axle, the tires are meant for trail riding not racing so you do get roll in the corners, as far as fender protection no problems either if you don't want to get dirty by a 4X4. I would say ride each of them and decide, I can say from riding them all myself the pred would be last on my list unless I did strictly slow trail riding!
    Of course I am bias! I own a Predator...legally, I own 2.

The only 450R that I found to be faster than a Predator are heavily modded ones. If we are talking moto-cross, then that would apply, but I don't moto-cross nor do I have the desire to. Thus, why I have a Predator.

However, compared to the Predator, the stock axles on the Honda ARE weak. Just because you have not had any problems doesn't change the fact. Another thing I don't understand is that you say the tires on the 450R are meant for trails but, the 450R is a purpose built quad. Directly marketed to compete with the YFZ. So, why develop a mx bike with cc tires??

Although, calling me "very bias" is like the pot calling the kettle black. I find your entire reply extremely bias!
    Like to thank those that gave me the ability to think for myself and have a sense of individuality.

I have personally ridden all of these models. For MX I would recommend the YFZ just due to the way it is setup. The YFZ likes to be ridden fast so it is more for open areas and MX IMO than suitable for trails. I have ridden an '03 TLD Predator and I thought it was a great quad. The motor like high revs like a 2 stroke which I am used too. The rear end liked to slide sideways, it felt like the rear end weighed 5 libs. and the front end was where all the weight was. It was a great handling quad and overall I was impressed with it. The 450R is a another great choice for trail riding, though the first couple gears are geared a little tall but nothing a front sprocket change wouldn't change. The 450R is also lighter, If it were me I would go look at a couple used quads in your local paper and ride them so you can feel what your the most comfortable on.
    LONG LIVE THE 250R!!!!!!

AND YES IT IS STILL NO 1!!!!!

Tom

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast