Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PLEASE HELP 05 450r (shifting gear problem

PLEASE HELP 05 450r (shifting gear problem

well everything was going fine with my quad very very low hrs on it id estimate about 3 hours on it and now nearly 100% of the times i shift up from 1st gear it gets stuck in netreul i then have to go to 2nd gear from Netrl. . .. any advice?? anyone else having this problem?? it was fine for the 1st 2 hours or so then all of a sudden this started happening ..

This happend when i first bought mine, its a little longer pull then on other quads. I know many people who have trouble with it at first, just ride and make sure yo pull the lever up all the way.
    ~ MHSC ~ Martin B.#713

~Thanks to all the 06 sponsors~ Elka Suspension, GT Thunder, IMS Products, Nacs Racing, JH Racing, Hiper Wheels

~Thanks to all the 05 sponsors~ Elka Suspension, Denton Racing, Nacs Racing, IMS Products

08 HD Sportster
    O4 450R
    00 Silvarado 1500 Z71
    RIP Colton Jenkins 1988-2005

My 2004 does it also, usually only after crossing over a log or other adrupt obstacle.

From first gear it will pop out and go to nuetral, annoying sometimes.

Try changing the position of the lever, foot might be hitting it. May be internal also.
    2004 TRX 450R: HRC KIT, Hiper Technology Front and Rear Wheels, Hiper Mud Covers, ITP Holeshot GNCC Tires (22/7-10 F & 20/11-9 R), ASV Rotator Clamp (F/Brake), Magura Hydraulic Clutch Kit, Hinson Clutch Cover, Lonestar E-Brake Block Off Plate, Sidewinder Chain and Sprockets, Duncan Case Saver, Pro-Design Kill Switch, DG Fat Series Belly Plate, Curtis Sparks Filter Kit, HMF QRS Exhaust System, Outerwear Filter cover, Acerbis Rally II Hand Gaurds, Pro Graph-X Number Plates, ARS-FX + 2" Steering Stem, Precision Steering Stabilizer, Fasst Flexx Bars, Scott Huricane Grips, QuadTech Carbon Hood, QuadTech Carbon Rear Brake Resovoir Gaurd, PRM Baja Grab Bar, Pro Armor Pro XC Bumper, ARS-FX Long Travel XC Swing-Arm and Shock Linkage, GoodRidge USA Braided Front and Rear Brake Line, Custom Axis Rear Shock, ARS-FX Long Travel XC Front End, Custom Axis Triple Adjust Remote Resovoir Front Shocks w/ Titanium Springs, Pro Armor Fat Peg Nerf Bars, IMS Oversize Fuel Tank w/ Dry Break.

Special Thanks to Tyler and MSI Racing, Tim Brady and Custom Axis Racing Shocks, Scott Owens and Scott U.S.A

OMA Nationals Pro Rider #33

yep my new 05 does it as well....i have about the same hours as you ....mine did it from day one but i got to say it's getting better with more use.....

Same problem here... not sure why it suddenly started doing it. For the first couple hours, I had no problems but now I am - only 8 hours on mine total.
    06 450ER
    DG Front Bumper
    DG Nerf Bars w/Heel Guards
    Hotcams Stage II
    Pro Design K&N w/Outerwears
    Open air box w/Outerwears cover
    HMF Adjustable Needle - 3rd Clip
    Aftermarket endcap
    165MJ - A/F - 2 turns out

Mine pops out of first gear - much more now than when new ('04). I think I hit the lever sometimes with my foot popping it out of gear. It happens enough now that I am thinking I may have a bent shift fork.
    Thanks to my 2006 Sponsors!
    HiPer Technology
    Houser Racing
    Tire Balls
    Honda of Troy

My 05 does the same thing so i adjusted the foot shifter and it seems to have helped for the most part still happens sometimes but that could just be me...
    05 Red Honda 450R
    AC pro peg nerfs
    AC grab bar
    kenda geckos
    ITp black c-series
    yoshimura trc comp system
    K&N filter
    dyno jet.....

The question first is are you doing this or is your quad? If it is your quad that is doing it then what is your clutch lever free play at? I have heard nothing about whether you have even adjusted you clutch lever to help correct this. The more information you give us, the better answer we will be able to give you to correct this.
    '06 trx450r

maybe your tranny fluid needs changed.
    there is not much fluid in there to begin with..........and if it is dirty, it could cause it to shift harder.

It ain't the Fluid or the Clutch freeplay!

I change my fluid after every tank of fuel, and the clutch is adjusted fine.

It just pops out, like a large hit will jar the bike enough to pop it out of gear.

Odd!
    2004 TRX 450R: HRC KIT, Hiper Technology Front and Rear Wheels, Hiper Mud Covers, ITP Holeshot GNCC Tires (22/7-10 F & 20/11-9 R), ASV Rotator Clamp (F/Brake), Magura Hydraulic Clutch Kit, Hinson Clutch Cover, Lonestar E-Brake Block Off Plate, Sidewinder Chain and Sprockets, Duncan Case Saver, Pro-Design Kill Switch, DG Fat Series Belly Plate, Curtis Sparks Filter Kit, HMF QRS Exhaust System, Outerwear Filter cover, Acerbis Rally II Hand Gaurds, Pro Graph-X Number Plates, ARS-FX + 2" Steering Stem, Precision Steering Stabilizer, Fasst Flexx Bars, Scott Huricane Grips, QuadTech Carbon Hood, QuadTech Carbon Rear Brake Resovoir Gaurd, PRM Baja Grab Bar, Pro Armor Pro XC Bumper, ARS-FX Long Travel XC Swing-Arm and Shock Linkage, GoodRidge USA Braided Front and Rear Brake Line, Custom Axis Rear Shock, ARS-FX Long Travel XC Front End, Custom Axis Triple Adjust Remote Resovoir Front Shocks w/ Titanium Springs, Pro Armor Fat Peg Nerf Bars, IMS Oversize Fuel Tank w/ Dry Break.

Special Thanks to Tyler and MSI Racing, Tim Brady and Custom Axis Racing Shocks, Scott Owens and Scott U.S.A

OMA Nationals Pro Rider #33

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast