Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: need help with eton 90

how do you check the stator? do you have a diagram?

E-ton Thunder

Hi new to the board and had the same problem with a e-ton thunder. I replaced the stator and still no spark. If you look at your handel bar control off & on switch it has two wires that run to the stator. What I did was to run a ground to one of the wires, either one will work. This should correct the no spark problem but will disable your key switch from being able to shut off the quad but you will need the key switch in the on position to use your electric starter. I now this dosen't fix the problem completly but you should be able to ride it. My kids ride ours like this and we have had no problems with the lights or eletrical. Hope this helps

Dave J. pm me if you need a pic of the wires
    In the stable
    87 zillar
    86 lt250r
    86 Suzuki lt230s with a honda 200x motor
    87 Suzuki lt230s
    86 trailboss Old faithfull
    96 Blaster Sons ride
    86 Moto4-80 Daughters ride
    2001 E-ton Thunder 90 Bought as a basket now completed
    86 Moto4-80 (needs rear end)
    80? tri-moto-125 beater lots of fun on the ice
    2000 Kawasaki Bayou 300 (for sale)
    Honda ATC 110
    (2) 73 xr75
    74 xr75
    (3) xr75 (parts bikes almost complete)
    86?xr80 (almost complete Parts bike
    Carter 2 seater gokart For Sale

thank you for all the help, but i still cant get it to work, so i am going to slove the problem and sell it.

Did you check the brake switch , if it has one? Or the sparkplug cap?

yes i did that too. the coil pack came with the new wire on it.

befor you sell, you should find a good service guy you can trust to look over it. Don't go to the dealer, ussually they just have their brother look at it and charge you out the *****, and still don't fix it. Find a small shop thats been around a while with a good rep, because selling something that doesn't run, won't sell for a 5th what its worth.
    If you do deside to sell, let me know, it would be nice to have one for parts.
    Humboldt Hills Racing Team;
    634 - Trenner Wile
    101 - Aubrey Wile
    925 - Tristan Garrett
    00 - Kamren Bobb
    21 - Wyatt Wilkin

www.humboldthills.com
    www.soccracing.com
    www.southernohioscoring.com
    www.southerohiooffroad.com

I have a 2005 Eton Viper 90 that also has no spark. My son had went though heavy water, it kept going, 20 min later he shut it off, it hasnt run since. Took it to one shop and he said that the stator and coil was burned up. He also asked if we had taken anything off, no, but that the voltage regulator was missing, the bolt was there though, so when the stator got burned, and that regulator wasnt there, it burned up the headlights also. Due to his unprofessionalism in another area, I removed it from his shop. I replaced the stator myself, but not the coil bc I thought the man was just trying to get more $$ out of me. Once we replaced the stator there was SOME spark, but it was yellow, but it was more than before. So I take it to an Eton dealer, and they came back with that the coil was fine, the voltage regulator the other man put on was bad, and that the air filter was on wrong and damaged and had caused trash to enter the carb, so the fuel lines need to be cleaned, and he assumes it will start. Well, I know for a fact that the air filter isnt damaged bc when it first broke down thats what we checked. It WAS a tad damp, we dried it out and put it back. I dont see how dirty carb would keep it from getting a spark?? Not to mention they want $160 to clean the fuel system!!It also sprang an oil leak when we had someone check the igntion switch. After cleaning it with contact cleaner to see where it was coming from, it was coming from where the oil line comes from the pan and goes in behind the stator. They want another $160 to take off top end to find the oil leak!!! You can SEE it with the human eye where its coming from!!! Do I pay them the $160 to clean the fuel system, and what do mechanincs do when they say this will fix it and I pay it and it doesnt???

Not to mention that I cannot believe that there are this many ppl out there with the exact same problem and no one can find the problem! No one else has said anything about the fuel system. Surely with as many ppl has had this problem that Eton hasn't discovered a fix??? I just want to scream.....if we ever get this bike fixed, we are sticking a for sale sign on it, bc no atv to me, is worth this much trouble....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12