Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: 2006 Suzuki LT-R450 QuadRacer

I think is pretty good looking and original that exaust from the rear look very good specially
    dunlop MX tires (one big brand is getting into MX tires good for that too bridgestone is left too and maybe michelin)

I think that the trail riders can make it narrower puting different ofset wheel and nothing more or not? BTW they have to get newer ones because that ones are 8 inches only.
    It`s cheaper going this way than to make a narrower quad with more width (A-arms and smaller rims )

It is 49 inch wide and gust and jerimiha jones are racing it with stock a arms shocks axel swingarm. Read it in quad magazine a few issues back.
    02 honda 440ex
    lonestar axel +2
    lonestar stering stem +1
    yoshi pipe
    elkas shocks
    hinson basket
    pro taper bars
    ac bumper and nerfs.
    +2 denton a arms.
    maier race cut platic.
    carbon fiber hood.
    iron cross front bumper.
    itp rear beadlocks
    k&k graphics seat cover.
    denton stering stableizer

Brandon Bracken #136 in our hearts forever.

This may be a stupid question, but where do you put a rear number plate on a quad with a center mounted exhaust? If you hang it from the grab bar it will probably melt.
    Big Thanks to:
    JH Racing

Honda TRX450R-JH Racing/Fox/Holz/Rath/DWT

i think it looks kinda cool without the light/nerf bars instead of heel guards.

I'm laughing at the fools who said it was photoshopped ahah
    I've had banshees, 250rs.. miss them all!

1986 ATC200X

1) The batwings and heel gaurds are removable.
    2) The rear numberplate goes on the back of your chest protector.
    3) If you want an XC quad - go buy one. This badboy is made to dominate MX tracks.

I do however think this will be one bad***** duner / baja machine as well... sitting at roughly 50" Long/Wide.

- - -
    PS:
    ...the new chain adj is welcome!!!

And hey, is that the battery on the left side view - right in front of the engine?
    - - -

PPS: Welcome (back) to the club - all you new to be Suzuki owners - Its nearly time to jump ship once again. HA!
    - - -
    ATVstore.com
    News/Forums/Video/Images

i want a 450 but i deffinetly wont get a yfz!! them things are okbut not that great my buddy has one it is nice wen it comes to powr but i hate the way it sits. the seat is level with the hadel bars and it is a real uncomfortable ride. i know its set for racing but at least make so the handle bars are higher then the seat. that way it feels like your handeling something. i also have a crappy feeling about them because i always told my friend that i hate the way it feels and then i rode it while we were out riding and i rolled the f***ing thing. but i didnt like it befor that happend. it does have nice suspension. My first choice is a 450r then a ltzr450. i always have been a honda man but suzuki has been coming around in the last couple years.

my decked out suzuki got it last this morning
    Attached Images Attached Images
    02 honda 440ex
    lonestar axel +2
    lonestar stering stem +1
    yoshi pipe
    elkas shocks
    hinson basket
    pro taper bars
    ac bumper and nerfs.
    +2 denton a arms.
    maier race cut platic.
    carbon fiber hood.
    iron cross front bumper.
    itp rear beadlocks
    k&k graphics seat cover.
    denton stering stableizer

Brandon Bracken #136 in our hearts forever.

Anyone know if Kawasaki will clone it or come out with their own 450?
    PFC Atkins - U.S. Army Intelligence Corps
    DET 1, CENTCOM ARE

'03 Subaru WRX-silver, 3.5" Borla full exhaust, AEM cold air intake.

'05 Yamaha YFZ450-red/white, X-Factor nerfs, red Hipers/Klaws, Tag T2s

It looks like an aluminum subframe Can't wait to see how that holds up. The battery & air filter have got to be crammed in there, unless it's part of the seat foam The price still seams steep. Think of what that pipe is going to cost, when you bottom out and have a shock blow out, but I guess the normal mount can be the same. We'll see how they go next year, I'm not putting money down just yet. I would give props to Zuki for incorperating crotchrocket rear end looks to a quad. Center mount pipe, aluminum bracketry, Led brake light. I'll bet the aftermarket pipe guys can make some sweat sounding pipes. Note to self - If ever I buy a new Zuki 450 find new place to mount rear number plate, the chick in the scoring tower can't read it when its melted.
    Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

What a bunch of whiners!!!!! This quad was purpose-built for MX! Not GNCC, not trail riding and specially not for fooling around...!!! You don't go racing MX on a Polaris Sportsman 800, do you? Why? Because it was NOT made for that! In this case, the LT-R450 wasn't made for anything else but MX. If you want a quad to do ANYTHING but racing mx, go get any of the quads that are already out there. All of you non-mx racers have had the YFZ450, TRX450, Z400, 400EX, etc for some time now to fill your riding needs. The rest of us had to spend about the same amount of money those quads cost to make it competitive to race motocross. Now Suzuki answered all of our prayers with a truly race ready mx quad! I can`t wait to test ride one and see if it`ll make me a "Yellow Rider" instead of a "Red Rider"! I`ve put on hold my plans of getting the new '06 TRX450... My hat off for Suzuki for making such a great quad!

Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast