Thread: Maintenence

Maintenence

I've been reading aroud and thinking about getting a cannible and i no these are alot diffrent from oter atv' [like honda or yamaha] but what is the normal miantence?

Same as everything else in the 450 world. Change the oil on a regular basis every 5hrs and go over your quad every so often. If you are expecting to ride this or any 450 like a 300ex than think again!
    C&D Racing the place to get your parts. Just ask Dusty she can get anything.

5 hours might be a little extreme but Derno is right. Its no different than any other 450.
    2005 450R

Normal maintenence would be changing oil and cleaning filters /magnets. Greasing the tie rod hiem joints. Checking to be sure all bolts are tight. Every few months you should do a throttle calibration using the D&M kit which every Cannondaler should have to keep the fuel injection in perfect tune. It takes about 5 minutes.
    This would be on a quad that has all the updates and I dont mean just the few factory ones.

I would add checking your ground and battery connections as well as all the fine other points stated.
    03' Cannondale Cannibal XC
    Team Skunkwerx
    BentWheels Club member
    "smile... it makes people wonder what you are up to"