Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: 2005 GNCC "Unadilla" Round #11 Discussion Thread

ive had my toes run over by almost every pro there is ....and quite a few amatuers if he can find a better way to get the shot without getting run over and used as traction 7 miles from ANYONE, im all for it

maybe racer productions will takes his post and cut is photographers small areas where the lighting will be perfect, along with teh angle so we can get in the action

i dunno, getting the shot with one hand and being the "anchor" on a hillclimb is as involved as im getting
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Staff Photographer ATVRiders.com
    Senior Photographer ATVInsider
    Staff Photographer GNCC Racing/ATV MX
    Staff Photographer Vurboffroad
    Staff Photographer Cycle News

home town, Poland NY College, Blairsville PA
    Originally posted by Pappy
    ive had my toes run over by almost every pro there is ....and quite a few amatuers if he can find a better way to get the shot without getting run over and used as traction 7 miles from ANYONE, im all for it
    And I thought I was close to the people racing this weekend, someone is dedicated to is photography.
    Andy

WyoTech....

AIM; District3250rMX
    Yahoo; Gone_Snowboarding06

Originally posted by TheFontMaster
    And I thought I was close to the people racing this weekend, someone is dedicated to is photography.
    Brandon Ballance got me pretty good last year, he got hard on the gas and the quad pulled about 3 inches closer then i expected and damn near ripped my boots off its our risk for sure, but for the most part we stay well out of the way \

and tree's are our friends

home town, Poland NY College, Blairsville PA
    and tree's are our friends
    Ahh yes, I learned that pritty quikly, unfortunatly the lighting in the woods wasn't good enough to get some good pics, I was liking some of the shots I could have gotten.
    Andy

WyoTech....

AIM; District3250rMX
    Yahoo; Gone_Snowboarding06

Thats what I'm talkin bout Pappy!

I wasnt trying to make anyone mad And I dont have a website...

I didn't really think the cameras were all that expensive, but then again I'm sure RP's video cameras aren't cheap. I would try and get some pics if I knew what I was doing

well, we do the best we can. the riders will tell you, getting a poerson in a position to get a picture can be dangerous for us both. IMO its always the best thing to NEVER endanger a rider....the photog is an afterthought. I rarely if ever will even use my flash because it can distract a rider etc.

if there is a way for us safely to get a killer action shot then we will, but sometimes the lighting is so poor that pictures are worthless, or the dust so bad we can not even begin to get quality pictures. sometimes your stuck with crap....but if you look around the internet you will find we have some of the best pictures there are of this type of racing.

we dont mind being critizied, but understand this type of racing is not on a MX track where you have a myriad of locations to catch the best lighting and pics of the action i know i have had several close calls, but i put myself in positions to bring the action into my camrera, a rider blows a turn and im toast. thanksfully we have some serious talent out there and i have to trust thier ability.

I would be willing to help out that weekend. It will be my first GNCC to come to. I have hare scrambled. I am not racing though.

Not that it makes me better but I do have a background in photgraphy, took classes back in high school. Dont know that I will ever be as good as some of the ones you all take though!
    2005 KFX700]
    LOTS OF MODS

2003 TRX400EX
    JUST BEGINNING TO BUILD

2000 TRX300EX
    ALMOST DONE

Originally posted by bigvforcer
    I would be willing to help out that weekend. It will be my first GNCC to come to. I have hare scrambled. I am not racing though.

Not that it makes me better but I do have a background in photgraphy, took classes back in high school. Dont know that I will ever be as good as some of the ones you all take though!
    Awesome, and Thanks offering to help out.
    Click Here --->ATVriders.com Hoodies, Shirts, and Stickers Available Online <---

Please Support Our Site Sponsors!
    Mud Motorsports, BCS Performance, ITP, Maxxis, Tire Balls, Douglas Wheels, Burgard Cycle, T&T Racing, DASA, GBC Motorsports, HMF Engineering, Motoworks, ELKA, FOX

As we get a little closer to the Ironman, let me know where I need to meet you and what I need to bring to help out!
    2005 KFX700]
    LOTS OF MODS

2003 TRX400EX
    JUST BEGINNING TO BUILD

2000 TRX300EX
    ALMOST DONE

maybe racer productions will takes his post and cut is photographers small areas where the lighting will be perfect, along with teh angle so we can get in the action

i dunno, getting the shot with one hand and being the "anchor" on a hillclimb is as involved as im getting
    pack a light weight climbing tree stand in with you and get us some good airial photos

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast