Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: what voids the warrenty?

what voids the warrenty?

does pistons, cams and pipes void warrnetys?
    HMF pipe kit
    UNI filter

Everything tht is not made by Honda and not installed by a Honda dealer will void warranty. Even a HRC kit that was installed by anyone but a certified Honda mechanic will void the warranty.
    -Tony

86 TRX250R
    ?? Arens 265R
    06 Evolution 9

thats gay
    HMF pipe kit
    UNI filter

I was told by the Honda dealership that anything aftermarket put on to change the performance, voided the warranty. He told me if Honda felt it should be on there, Honda would've put it on with a warranty.
    2004 TRX400EX, ProTaper handlebars and grips, RTC "pro pull" clutch and brake lever, Moose e-brake block off, TUSK nerf bars, Shark Racing swingarm skidplate, AC front bumper, FMF PowerCore IV exhaust, open airbox, Outerwears prefilter, 152 main jet, 42 pilot jet, G-Force front wheel spacers, 14 tooth front sprocket, Gunnar tether kill switch, and Nac's Racing number plates.

1999 Warrior 350, stock.

FullThrottleAssault.com

when i got my 05 they told me i can do exhaust, jetting, filter, gearing. just cannot open the motor, even a hrc cam will void it. so it looks like i wait till december to do any motor work. mabey santa will bring me a new cam if i'am a good boy??
    owner, and head wrench for my daughters flat track racing habit.

2013 SPONSORS
    BALDWIN MOTORSPORTS
    DASA
    RATH
    RENTHAL
    GO-PRO
    LEATTE
    AMSOIL

nowadays pretty much starting the bike voids the warrenty, either that or rolling it off the showroom floor, dealers are losing a lot of money by giving warrentys with bikes, especially when they mess up, they want to make it impossible for u to have a "free" warrenty so they dont have to fix anything

Originally posted by quad9
    when i got my 05 they told me i can do exhaust, jetting, filter, gearing. just cannot open the motor, even a hrc cam will void it. so it looks like i wait till december to do any motor work. mabey santa will bring me a new cam if i'am a good boy??
    the hrc cam wont void the warrenty if the dealership installs it for u, but if u install it then it voids the warrenty

The second it touches a race track it is voided as well!
    M-Dub

Quadless as of now
    05 KLX110 - some stuff
    01 ZR600 - bone stock
    1992 LT80 - pitquad I guess?

So far the people that have SCREWED me on here:
    powerband
    and yamablaster24 more yamablaster24

Remember every time you run wheel spacers or flipped rims... god kills a kitten

"The best you have ridden is the best you know" Paul Thede- RaceTech

Ignorance is NOT bliss -- it's embarrassing and counter-productive

Experience is a tough teacher she gives the test first the lesson afterwards

RIP 606

Originally posted by 400exrider707
    The second it touches a race track it is voided as well!
    well i guess i'am done then.
    owner, and head wrench for my daughters flat track racing habit.

2013 SPONSORS
    BALDWIN MOTORSPORTS
    DASA
    RATH
    RENTHAL
    GO-PRO
    LEATTE
    AMSOIL

Everything tht is not made by Honda and not installed by a Honda dealer will void warranty. Even a HRC kit that was installed by anyone but a certified Honda mechanic will void the warranty.
    No, this is bad info.

In fact, every post here is bad info.

Dealers don't lose money by "giving away warranties" - they are paid by the manufacturer to do warranty work. The only thing they stand to lose is maybe a lower labor rate since the manufacturer gives them what they give them & if they're charging you, they can charge what they like.

Know your rights.

Aftermarket parts do not void your warranty. The only way the warranty can be voided is if the dealer/manufacturer can prove that the parts caused the problem you're trying to get warrantied.

There are federal laws in place that protect your warranty rights. Look up the Magnunson-Moss Warranty Act for an eye opener.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast