Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: In the Mod's defence

In the Mod's defence

Well i know i'll probably get flamed for this but wtf.

anyways i look and see in a matter of 24 hours 3 threads questioning the Mod's and saying they are taking things to far.
    i wont say that maybe some threads get shut down where rules havent really been broken, but when i look at most of the locked ones, they sure have the potential of getting out of hand, so if i were a mod i would probably lock it if i knew i wasnt going to have the time to montior it steadily. But i'm pretty sure no one is stopping you from re wording it and reposting, and maybe it will head in a different direction. sometimes i figure maybe its locked as a precausion so it doesnt get out of hand and someone have to get banned over it or someone who comes here for the convo. to not have to read BS in every thread

and i mean ya know this is just the internet guys, if your thread gets locked, move on, make a new one, dont start attackin a Mod, cause then your making it worse than it was.

freedom of speach absolutely BUT, the mod provide people the freedom to come here and post something WITH OUT GETTING BASHED for everything you say

i'm not saying you guys dont have a point i'm just saying before you bash the mods think about how many damn threads they are monitoring and having to watch, to keep this a FAMILY site. and doing it all for free
    Its not a hobby, Its a lifestyle
    2003 400EX

Well I guess were lucky your aren't a mod, booty kisser! hehe
    04 450r, DRG powerplant! 2 much 2 list don't be scared

Re: In the Mod's defence

Originally posted by Alberta_Qaudin
    Well i know i'll probably get flamed for this but wtf.

anyways i look and see in a matter of 24 hours 3 threads questioning the Mod's and saying they are taking things to far.
    i wont say that maybe some threads get shut down where rules havent really been broken, but when i look at most of the locked ones, they sure have the potential of getting out of hand, so if i were a mod i would probably lock it if i knew i wasnt going to have the time to montior it steadily. But i'm pretty sure no one is stopping you from re wording it and reposting, and maybe it will head in a different direction. sometimes i figure maybe its locked as a precausion so it doesnt get out of hand and someone have to get banned over it or someone who comes here for the convo. to not have to read BS in every thread

and i mean ya know this is just the internet guys, if your thread gets locked, move on, make a new one, dont start attackin a Mod, cause then your making it worse than it was.

freedom of speach absolutely BUT, the mod provide people the freedom to come here and post something WITH OUT GETTING BASHED for everything you say

i'm not saying you guys dont have a point i'm just saying before you bash the mods think about how many damn threads they are monitoring and having to watch, to keep this a FAMILY site. and doing it all for free
    Well put.
    That line about "this is just the internet guys" cracked me up.
    I can picture youngin's now loosing sleep because their thread on atvriders got locked. haha
    2001 400ex
    2003 Argo Bigfoot

knew that was comin
    2003 400EX

worst town I've ever lived in... Spencer,OH
    I agree with you alberta. It seems like people come here and expect to be able to go by there OWN set of rules. People can't just go to school, work or another persons home and make their own rules based on freedom of speech. What makes them think it's okay here? I guess what I'm saying is that there are set rules here and either some people need to follow them or get the heck out.
    I am now quadless...

Originally posted by 300exOH
    I agree with you alberta. It seems like people come here and expect to be able to go by there OWN set of rules. People can't just go to school, work or another persons home and make their own rules based on freedom of speech. What makes them think it's okay here? I guess what I'm saying is that there are set rules here and either some people need to follow them or get the heck out.
    Agreed !!!

This website is free for all of us to visit ... Harlen doesn't make us pay to come here . Money used to run this site comes from his own pocket , a handful of members that donate to this site and many hard hours that Harlen puts in to go and find website sponsors . Rules are layed out and either you follow them and your thread remains opened , or you break the rules and it gets shut down . There are also "unwritten" rules . Most of us on here know that when you start a thread about running from the cops , having cops show up cuz your doing burnouts to piss off your neighbour or anything along those lines ... the thread will get shut down . It's plain and simple . Use common sense . If you're lacking that bit of common sense and you get pissed off that your thread gets locked ... I'll just say like others have said before ... Don't let the door hit you on the way out !!!
    2004 Yamaha Grizzly 660 .... Loaded !!!!

Working Together Towards A Common Goal --- Quitting Time !!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yx75Zoa_kVw&feature=related

Greg, you mean that doing dounuts in the neighbors landscaped yard and then running from the cops is not cool?

I guess I have a lot to learn on this forum...

And in the words of ICP: "Don't let the door hit ya, where the good lord split ya...peace!"
    Preston
    **FOR SALE** - '02 Yellow 400ex:WB Pro Meg, +2 Burgard a-arms, Works Triple Rates w/ rezzies, Pro Armor nerfs, Renthal bars, WB PB block off, RTC perch

Originally posted by zephead400ex
    Greg, you mean that doing dounuts in the neighbors landscaped yard and then running from the cops is not cool?

I guess I have a lot to learn on this forum...

Even cooler when you come on the net to brag to people you dont know about it......
    2003 400EX

just post stuff about quads, racing, and girls and theres nothing else to worry about
    For every good post, there are 5 bad. If you remember that you will be fine

Exriders.com

myspace/dave450r

Originally posted by Alberta_Qaudin
    Even cooler when you come on the net to brag to people you dont know about it......
    Oh, ok. I get it now! I have to brag about it next time! Gotcha!
    Preston
    **FOR SALE** - '02 Yellow 400ex:WB Pro Meg, +2 Burgard a-arms, Works Triple Rates w/ rezzies, Pro Armor nerfs, Renthal bars, WB PB block off, RTC perch

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast