Thread: the real scoop

the real scoop

so whats the real scoop on the new raptor 700? i've read about it in the new dirt wheels, but there is a lot of politics involved in magazines and i wont be down at the dunes for another month so i wont be able to check them out first hand until then... my buddy wants to get a raptor and doesnt know if he should get the 06, or one of the other years... are they really that much better, pros, cons, what have you guys that owned them noticed? whats the verdict? and please no BS, i dont want to hear about the 6th gear wheelies on the new raptor 700 (i know, it only has 5 gears, i wrote that on purpose )
    06 YFZ450
    1988 TRX 250R
    2001 XR 50
    1984 Honda 200S
    1776 Turbo Sandrail

there are some threads already started that have some good info, i havent had the chance to ride one yet but several people on here have, or own one. from what i have heard from those that have ridden it, is that is is overall a much improved ride
    http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/tater_kamik/my_photos

http://www.myspace.com/tater_kamik

in my oppinion i would wait to buy the 07...dont buy an 06. you never know could have the same ongoing problem that the 01 660's had....or something else pretty major
    ~~~2000 Mx 426ex~~~
    ITP, Pro Armor, maxxis, dg, white bros, rekluse, prm, hotcam, wiseco, hinson, renthal, ac, scott, motion pro

~~~2002 Xc Raptor 660
    Dixo, HoleShot, Dg, ITP, Pro Taper, Tusk, Scott, Powermadd, Gyt-r, ceet, motion pro

Famous words: "Just hold it flat!" "Hey guys, watch this!"

"If there is a time when you feel you have everything under contol, you arnt going fast enough"

I have a 06 700 with over 10 hrs on it and 1 service down, Its awesome great bike, for a stock bike its fastest out, i have no probs smoking yfz 450s and honda 450r
    2006 raptor 700r
    Aramadillo chasis and swing arm skid
    Gytr Hand Gruads
    Phoenix spark arrestor
    Dobeck TFI
    GYTR adaptor-filter-outerwear
    HMF full pipe