Thread: sealed/unsealed battery

sealed/unsealed battery

Clymer's manual says 300ex charging system is designed to work with sealed battery... wtf is the difference with the unsealed battery? Obviously the juice can drip out but is there a difference with the way it works?
    '87 250x w/'95 300ex motor, various mods

PARTING OUT!!!! LOTS OF AFTERMARKET/GOOD STUFF!!!!!!

I think they have different charge voltages and charge times. Sealed is another term for maintenance free. Once it's filled with acid you don't need to do anything else to it but replace it when it goes bad.

They are a good idea reall... After all you don't want acid spilling out onto your frame or other metal parts.
    Visit
    http://www.jandjracing.com (Thousands of race photos)

I ride a 400ex, my wife rides a Wolverine, my son mx races a 300ex, my nephew races a KFX450, my sister in-law rides a Eiger, my father in-law rides a 400ex and my mother in-law drive a Rhino. So ATV's are a family thing for us.

Originally posted by kd5sfq
    I think they have different charge voltages and charge times. Sealed is another term for maintenance free. Once it's filled with acid you don't need to do anything else to it but replace it when it goes bad.

They are a good idea reall... After all you don't want acid spilling out onto your frame or other metal parts.
    Or you!
    Brandon -O||||O-
    1998 Honda TRX300EX (330)

Is there a cost difference? I see the regular Honda batteries go for like $80 and then at Walmart I see the Everstart for like $17 (they are unsealed, don't remember seeing any sealed ones, does anyone know if they have sealed?).
    '87 250x w/'95 300ex motor, various mods

PARTING OUT!!!! LOTS OF AFTERMARKET/GOOD STUFF!!!!!!