Thread: locked up back brake......?

locked up back brake......?

so i went tpo spain and right before i left i remove my parking brake. now i get back and jump on it ready to go bust some wheelies and my rear brake lever is locked up. could this be that its just rusted up from sittin or did i **** up something with the parking brake removal?

try taking off the peddle and cleaning out the rust. when i took off my break peddle it was really rusted inside. i don't know if it will work.
    00" 400EX
    Full Big Gun Exhaust 'Race', Dyno jet kit (stage 2), K&N air filter, Blue Maier plastic w/ Front Race cut gas tank cover, Nacs seat cover, AC front bumper (chrome), AC Propeg Nerf bars (Black nets), Renthal 'ATV Racer' Handlebars and ultra light 36 tooth rear sprocket, DG full body skid plates and DG a-arm skids, D.I.D 520 chain, Gunnar kill switch, Raptor Adjustable pull clutch lever and purch, ATV pro grips, (19/6/10 Holeshot MX tires, 18/11/8 Turf Tamers both mounted on Douglas Aluminum .190's,)some polished stuff, Removed snorkel and filter cover.

Originally posted by Punk13rym
    try taking off the peddle and cleaning out the rust. when i took off my break peddle it was really rusted inside. i don't know if it will work.
    I'd say he's correct,,that's a common problem..