Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: 2005 Extreme Dirt Track ATV Racing - RD#5 - Paducah - ATV Race Coverage

i didnt see what happened. but Kenny was not a happy camper when he came back to the trailer!

he deserved at least one win!

on to texas!

The thing about rubbing in TT racing is this.....all it takes is a little contact to get put on your lid, when your tires are hot and sticky, to much steering input can put you in a " bucking bronco " type ride, it's not up and down but side to side, and it's extremely difficult to recover from and most of the time you end up off your quad and watching it roll about 20 times down the track!!!
    02 Cannondale 468
    All the bells and whistles
    03 KFX 400
    A few mods

www.thequadbuilder.com
    www.z400central.com
    www.cannondaleriders.com

ok dumb?? of the day what is UNK
    owner, and head wrench for my daughters flat track racing habit.

2013 SPONSORS
    BALDWIN MOTORSPORTS
    DASA
    RATH
    RENTHAL
    GO-PRO
    LEATTE
    AMSOIL

unknown
    04 450r- DEAD!

2001 VW jetta 1.8t wolfsburg

www.dubsinthebuff.com

So at first I'm remembering Mr.Nacarato (nacs) explaining to me "some ppl think nerf bars are for safety.Their made for nerfing"

Then I remember when Leslie Wells purposely "nerfed" Angela in the right side. Angela then nerfed a rider on her left and he nerfed the guard rails and flew over them. Angela got a concussion and a bunch of track rash.The rider that flew over the guard rails suffered also. (BTW this was all caught on tape.)

At the same race, Angela nosed into a tire and was in last place. She passed everyone and was in the passing lane and comming into the final turn for the checkered.She went sideways as to be straigh for the track and hit Heather. Angela took the checkered and the rest was pissed. All of a sudden there was boo-hoo'n about rough riding. When 2 race lanes point at each other, contact will be made! FYI: Heather wasn't even close to getting hurt.
    Of course after seeing the tape, Wells and the ATVA did have a talk.

It's a tough issue and there cannot be a "no rub" rule IMO. The referee has to see it and rule accordingly (unfortunatly).

Personally, I have never seen ken Marcou spin out. He is a born and bred TT racer.
    I think Yogi explained it best:"when someone takes a stock bike & wins a tt the first one he raced in 6 years!"
    YA RIGHT!! Thanks Yogi. We all were unsure of what happened till we read that.
    Is this the same dude that showed up at Lorretta's a few years back with a stock (lights and all) 250R and signed up in the pro class?!. LOL
    2000 GNC 5N\
    2001 GNC 9N \ 40+ class
    2004 GNC 9N /
    2014 rock crusher "GO tortoise GO!"
    2016 Byrd Rooster
    Father of the "11" time National champion,and worlds fastest woman ATV racer
    A few fast LT80's
    250R~300cc's
    300ex
    350 Rancher
    Kymco Mongoose
    Survivor of the 12 Hours of ATV America 04 and 05

Originally posted by LT80
    So at first I'm remembering Mr.Nacarato (nacs) explaining to me "some ppl think nerf bars are for safety.Their made for nerfing"

Then I remember when Leslie Wells purposely "nerfed" Angela in the right side. Angela then nerfed a rider on her left and he nerfed the guard rails and flew over them. Angela got a concussion and a bunch of track rash.The rider that flew over the guard rails suffered also. (BTW this was all caught on tape.)

At the same race, Angela nosed into a tire and was in last place. She passed everyone and was in the passing lane and comming into the final turn for the checkered.She went sideways as to be straigh for the track and hit Heather. Angela took the checkered and the rest was pissed. All of a sudden there was boo-hoo'n about rough riding. When 2 race lanes point at each other, contact will be made! FYI: Heather wasn't even close to getting hurt.

It's a tough issue and there cannot be a "no rub" rule IMO. The referee has to see it and rule accordingly (unfortunatly).

Personally, I have never seen ken Marcou spin out. He is a born and bred TT racer.
    I think Yogi explained it best:"when someone takes a stock bike & wins a tt the first one he raced in 6 years!"
    Is this the same dude that showed up at Lorretta's a few years back with a stock (lights and all) 250R and signed up in the pro class?!. LOL
    well i didnt race but i watched the guy that was in the lead on a blue bike spin out on his own!!! i guess born & bred tt racers like chris fristoe never make a mistake either! as for the squid that was in the pro class it must have been you!& for the guy that was on a stock bike & won. he also won the 25+ motocross championship last year.how many have you won??

No wins for me. I raced with fun in mind and to stay out of the way,but my national numbers have been 5th-9th-9th-14th. 40+ class
    Oldest son has 4 top ten finishes in 4 years of racing in the 90 production class
    Youngest son has 2 top 10 finishes in 2 years of racing the 90 production class
    Daughter is bad ***! 5 GNC Womans class wins with 3-#2's plus top 5 finishes in 16-24/open A classes

I guess I can't argue much about it as I wasn't there. If there is a track to spin out on, it's Paducha!It was like ice in the daytime when I raced it.
    You race Yogi?
    2000 GNC 5N\
    2001 GNC 9N \ 40+ class
    2004 GNC 9N /
    2016 Byrd Rooster
    A few fast LT80's
    250R~300cc's
    300ex
    350 Rancher
    Kymco Mongoose

Originally posted by LT80

Yeah, I was there in orville, and at lorettas when all that went on..That was a nasty crash when Leslie bumped em on the start!
    And I think that guy on the stock bike that signed up pro class got black flagged...........he was getting in the way and making it dangerous for the other guys coming around him.He didnt know what he was getting into!
    GNC pro tt#43
    Thanks to my 06 sponsors..
    DASA team racers edge
    Legacy atv
    Rockingham Roofing,Turtle racing , Simpson racing ,
    Allgood's auto

Well Guys i hope ya'll all had fun cause more than likely there will be no more ATV or MC races at PIR due to new ownership of a dirt track car guy. He has plans to pave it but I am not sure when. This sucks cause PIR is the main track for our local series.
    2006 White Suzuki LTR450 - Cherry Bomb - SOLD

97' BMW ///M3

http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=360918

E-mail - fastandthefurious67(at)msn.com

A yankee rider eater... LOL

That indeed sucks for your series. I liked the track, it could be made into a great TT track with the right direction.
    2000 GNC 5N\
    2001 GNC 9N \ 40+ class
    2004 GNC 9N /
    2016 Byrd Rooster
    A few fast LT80's
    250R~300cc's
    300ex
    350 Rancher
    Kymco Mongoose

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast