Thread: vibration in motor

vibration in motor

well i just had my flywheel shaved and put the engine back together and now there is so much vibration i can't hang on to it. i did do a complete tear down and replaced the crank. does the flywheel being shaved 9 oz. cauze that much vibration or did i possibly get the counter balance off a tooth? what do you think?
    a 02 426 ex 13:5:1 je piston port and polish, hotrod crank and hd rod, 44mm lectron on nitro/alcohol, lightened flywheel, air box eliminator, 5" over swing arm,shaw shocks .

bump
    a 02 426 ex 13:5:1 je piston port and polish, hotrod crank and hd rod, 44mm lectron on nitro/alcohol, lightened flywheel, air box eliminator, 5" over swing arm,shaw shocks .

Its more likely that the counter balancer is off. I've used a few diffrent combos of lightend flywheels and have never noticed a lot of vibration.

if i was you i would take the front spocket up 1-2 teeth,if not then youve had it shaved to much
    l warren

Re: vibration in motor

Originally posted by SHADETREE101
    well i just had my flywheel shaved and put the engine back together and now there is so much vibration i can't hang on to it. i did do a complete tear down and replaced the crank. does the flywheel being shaved 9 oz. cauze that much vibration or did i possibly get the counter balance off a tooth? what do you think?
    Check what Kfulk said above and also
    It could very well be the flywheel wasent balanced after cutting down. Even if it was turnd on a lathe it still should be spun and any heavy spots removed.
    96 KX250
    86 Asphalt 330R

well i tore it back down and the counter balance was off, i guess it jumped a tooth while i was installing it. thanks for all that replied.