Thread: elka dual link

elka dual link

hi, i've been running a elka elite with the old link for all the summer and i think that its time to improve it... I was thinking that it would really eliminate the 'bucking', but it didn't. Its 100 times better than the stock, but i think it could be better. My question is: Will i see a big improvement with the dual link over the old link or should i save my money and spend my cash into an aftermarket swingarm like the walsh savior or the lsr outlaw? Take note that i could have a deal for the dual link and it would cost me less than a swingarm! thanks a lot

I was in the same situation as you. I don't have the Elka link but I've riden with one. However I have the Baldwin link with a PEP shock and was thinking about selling it and getting the Walsh Savior and I would have to get a new PEP shock also. Well after riding a 450 with the Savior and thinking about the selling my stuff and waiting for the new parts and spending $2000 more I changed my mind. I guess it depends on how much cash you have to throw around. Just my $.02

I rode a 450R with a axis/savior set up last weekend and it was the best ride i ever had on a quad since i started riding 16 years ago.
    For every good post, there are 5 bad. If you remember that you will be fine

Exriders.com

myspace/dave450r

i havn't ridin many other units...but im in love with my elka elite with elka pro dual link...
    04' 450r-everything,63hp>stock bore/stroke
    94' RX7 R1- built 5.3l lsx, 76mm turbo, built t56, Ronin widebody etc- project
    63' F250 4x4- 6bt I/C Cummins motor, Ford ZF5 trans, Kingpin Dana 60 front, 87' F350 frame, 6 inch lift, 37's, 63' F250 body- toy hauler

okay... so a savior would be the best thing i could put for my rear end, but before i want to have the opinion of guys that switched from the old link to the new one! will i see an improvement?!

bump!

yes you will see an improvement, i would go with all elka components