Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New chain Install?

haha

you dont no what you are talking about just use a pair of pliers and not a screwdriver u will break it...

i no

i do no for sure it does have a master link in it bacause how will they take it off to use it as a spare and only 3 weeks ago i took mine off and it had a link in it so look before quoting

Re: i no

Originally posted by crazycray200
    i do no for sure it does have a master link in it bacause how will they take it off to use it as a spare and only 3 weeks ago i took mine off and it had a link in it so look before quoting
    I have likely parted out more quads than you have ridden and can assure you the stock chain has no masterlink. If you bought your quad used it may have an aftermarket chain which DOES.

If the chain is worn and needs replacing you dont use it as a spare; you throw it away. When the links stretch the pins will ride on the teeth of sprockets causing faster wear to both parts.
    96 KX250
    86 Asphalt 330R

The stock chain had no master link so I use a hand grinder and it cut it pretty fast. I put the new chain on (red) and i had to cut 4 links out of it . It said that it was stock length but like i said I had to cut it down 4 links. Thanks for the help! It turned out great I did go with new Sunstar front and rear sprockets also with the new red chain! And yes throw that stock chain away it was trashed!
    2001 Yellow 400 EX Loaded - SOLD

2003 Yellow LTZ 400 Loaded

2005 Green KFX 700 Semi Loaded

Originally posted by TRFOXX
    The stock chain had no master link so I use a hand grinder and it cut it pretty fast. I put the new chain on (red) and i had to cut 4 links out of it . It said that it was stock length but like i said I had to cut it down 4 links. Thanks for the help! It turned out great I did go with new Sunstar front and rear sprockets also with the new red chain! And yes throw that stock chain away it was trashed!
    Glad your back running. The mags all have diffrent #;s listed as stock links on 400ex chain. I have seen 4 differnt #'s from 4 retailers. Check chain stetch after first ride. After the first couple hrs it will have some slop; you may need to slide carrier back at that time.
    96 KX250
    86 Asphalt 330R

how do you have over 3300 posts and have no idea how you buy a chain?

it comes open ended, not connected at the ends. you cut it to fit on your specific quad.
    01 400EX
    93 Kodiak

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12