Thread: Why Is Blaster So Hard To Start?

Angry Why Is Blaster So Hard To Start?

My buddy just bought a blaster and the quad runs good but its hard as hell, if not impossible sometimes to kick start the thing! You have to push start it almost everytime and then it doesnt idle right so when he stops if he tries to let it idle it stalls, but if he hurries up and kicks it, it fires up everytime first kick. but then if he lets it sit for a couple minutes it wont kick start again. so can anybody tell me why? He turns the gas off also when he stops for a few but doesnt help. also can someone tell me how to get it to idle better. I know next to nothing about a 2-stroke nor alot about quads period. I have a polaris 500 SCRAMBLER 4X4 Cadillac(LOL) and iIdont have to work on it so I dont know too much. ANY HELP APPRECIATED. TY
    Scrambler 500 4x4
    Hot seat clutch kit, pipe, k&n air filter. Fassst!!!!

Re: Why Is Blaster So Hard To Start?

Originally posted by pascrambler500
    My buddy just bought a blaster and the quad runs good but its hard as hell, if not impossible sometimes to kick start the thing! You have to push start it almost everytime and then it doesnt idle right so when he stops if he tries to let it idle it stalls, but if he hurries up and kicks it, it fires up everytime first kick. but then if he lets it sit for a couple minutes it wont kick start again. so can anybody tell me why? He turns the gas off also when he stops for a few but doesnt help. also can someone tell me how to get it to idle better. I know next to nothing about a 2-stroke nor alot about quads period. I have a polaris 500 SCRAMBLER 4X4 Cadillac(LOL) and iIdont have to work on it so I dont know too much. ANY HELP APPRECIATED. TY
    ur key word there is IDLE..... may be running to rich... i dont know much about 2 stroke 4 wheelers, but im into nitro rc cars which are 2 stroke and if my carb is set to rich it is very hard to start and stalls when breaking.. i would clean the carb out and adjust the carbuerator...
    2004 Yamaha Bruin 350

When the funding is available, YFZ450R!!

Originally posted by troutman561
    Wiping forwards get poo on your balls.. no good

check ur spark plug..or clean out ur carb....this happed to me too

give it full choke, stab the throttle twice and then kick with no throttle. if everything is ok, it should start first kick. you may need a tiny tiny amount of throttle, but not much at all
    Planning a comeback...

that suxs, my girls little bros fires up first kick every time
    2006 raptor 700r
    Aramadillo chasis and swing arm skid
    Gytr Hand Gruads
    Phoenix spark arrestor
    Dobeck TFI
    GYTR adaptor-filter-outerwear
    HMF full pipe